No crank

lilblackhonda

I have a 1995 honda civic dx automatic with a rebuild engine in it
i put all the connections on
check all wiring under hood and try to turn over and will not crank engine but when i jump the start it turns
i tried Google it all night stay up until three in the morning can some one please help me.:?:

D15B7

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Until someone more knowledgeable hops in here, I'll start with the obvious - Your battery isn't dead, right?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
To elaborate, even if your battery is dead, you can receive a jump start and then your alternator will provide enough continuous power to keep the car going.

The fact that you can jump it means that most other things are in working order. There's a good chance your battery has lost its ability to hold a charge, or there is too much corrosion around the terminals. If you suspect this is the case, you can bring the battery to your local autozone and they'll test it for you for free.

Last edited:

lilblackhonda

batt is new and termal post are new with new connections but when i turn the key there is nothing just lights inter and ext

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a 1995 honda civic dx automatic with a rebuild engine in it
i put all the connections on
check all wiring under hood and try to turn over and will not crank engine but when i jump the start it turns
i tried Google it all night stay up until three in the morning can some one please help me.:?:

D15B7
Does this mean you can jump start it?

Did you check the starter?

When the lights are on and you turn the key, do they dim at all? Is there even a click sound, or nothing? Can you hear the fuel pump prime?

I know manual transmissions have a clutch switch that eventually falls apart and causes something like this, but I'm not sure how it works on automatics...