No gas pedal pressure and car wont start pls help!

quincyb11

5+ Year Member
Hey guys! I have no gas pedal pressure at all on my 99 civic dx. It was working fine last night when I started it, revved it a couple times, then this morning I fired it up and it was idling pretty high. It went from 1500 to 2000 then when I tried too apply some gas there was no pressure at all, it would just go straight to the floor without any resistance, doesn't stick it though comes right back up. Now I can't start my car at all. I am very puzzled.

I recently replaced a fuel injector because cylinder number 4 wasn't firing. That obviously wasn't the problem because it's still not firing. I'm guessing it may be a burnt valve or damaged valve seal that is causing the misfire.

Anyways i'm not sure what has happened. My car ran fine before last weekend with just a misfire and little bit of rough idle. After I changed that fuel injector it seems like a series of problems are starting to happen.

So now my car wont start plus I have no pressure in my gas pedal.

Any help would be appreciated guys!

Aldundra

5+ Year Member
high idle usually indicate vacuum line problems.

Check around the engine bay for disconnected/worn vacuum lines

Don't know whats going on with the throttle though

RonJ

Banned
First solve the gas pedal problem. My guess is that the throttle cable broke or came loose above the pedal or at the throttle body.

When the pedal is fixed, check for spark and fuel if the engine won't start. Any CEL codes?