No power to fuel pump only when connected

redcivic92

Its just behind the parking brake leaver behind the carpet along the wall. Well here it is...I removed the connector and found the yel/grn pin to be burnt and crusted...I cleaned the pin reconnected and the car fired up and is running. So there was to much resistance at the connector to supply power to the load. Thanks you for all your guys help and ideas.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Great to hear, good job performing the tests as you did, usually ppl on here ask for help then crap talk when they dont understand how or why they have to do some tests and the answers are not handed to them. Kudos to you and Boofoo for his knowledge also.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

redcivic92

Yes my bad...Hood release lever. Boofoo thanks for your help, your knowledge is awesome and verified that I was on the right path. I don't know if there's a rating or something I can leave for you but again thanks. Also thank you civtek and restotech for your ideas in helping me attack this problem from a different view. Great bunch of minds.:smokenana":beer:

Restotech

Respected
Glad you found the problem and resolved it. You put in the effort. We are just here to help point you in the right direction. And boofoo did most of the pointing. Lol

89prelude_jc

I have this exact issue on a 89 prelude, main relay tests good; jumper the relay pins and the fuel pump powers on. But the relay can't power the fuel pump. How did you know about the connector under the carpet?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
try unhooking the harness under the rear seat and check voltage there with key on and off etc report back voltages
You replied to a thread from 2018 XD. You are not going to get an updated.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
try unhooking the harness under the rear seat and check voltage there with key on and off etc report back voltages
Homie you are replying to a thread that is YEARS old.