No Pressure In The Clutch Pedal

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As the title states. Before this, I was at a redlight and came to a stop and when it turned green I went to put it in gear and my clutch had like no pressure 3/4's of the way and the last 1/4 it was so hard to push in. I was told probably the clutch master cylinder for a logical reason, so I replaced the master and bled the line properly. Then the other day coming home it got very hard to press in and just made it in my driveway and I lost all pressure. I tried bleeding the line again just to make sure and still the same thing.

2 Key things: Brand New Master Cylinder and Clutch Line Was Bled Properly (Twice) and when the master cylinder was installed, we drained the fluid completely.

I was thinking maybe either the slave cylinder (but it does move just fine when the clutch is engaged or the actual pressure plate. Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks ahead

Kyle

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try the slave cylinder, they are cheap so just replace it.

check the connection at the pedal, make sure its pushing the MC rod correctly.

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
steven, yeah i was going to do the slave regardless.. but the connection is just fine .. it's connected into the yoke and the cotter pin is there securing it

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are you leaking fluid by any chance?

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah im going to buy one either a little later or tomorrow

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Check for leaks.

Also, there could be air in your lines, so try bleeding your clutch fluid system by pumping the brakes then purge the air..

I would try this before going out and buying a new slave cylinder.

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2 Key things: Brand New Master Cylinder and Clutch Line Was Bled Properly (Twice) and when the master cylinder was installed, we drained the fluid completely.
????

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
update .. slave cylinder was replaced and bled the line properly .. still same issue .. pressure plate?

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
steven do you mean about the part where you actually push the piston?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i followed this
http://www.honda-tech.com/showpost.php?p=37274532&postcount=189

it took me atleast 20mins to start getting pressure. sometimes, you need to "bench bleed" the MC, or bleed it first to make sure fluid is getting in it, i bled mine like 5 times, then just did the MC and then i started to get pressure throughout the system.

clifnote:
my hydro clutch system was not stock in my CRX(crx came with cable clutch), its aftermarket with OEM MC and slave.

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but see the thing is that I when i push in the clutch pedal there is no pressure until the last quarter of the way or so, then it's somewhat stiff. But then the clutch pedal doesn't resist itself, so I examined the assist spring and it looks just fine.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had to force fluid into the MC, my MC is mounted under my dash, and a hose runs from the reservoir under the hood to the MC, i had to squeeze the hose a bunch of times to force the fluid into the MC.

you can see the reservoir in the top right corner with the hose attached.

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you'd think a regular clutch line bleed would force fluid in the MC .. you were actually able to squeeze that hose? it's a little hard isn't it?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you'd think a regular clutch line bleed would force fluid in the MC .. you were actually able to squeeze that hose? it's a little hard isn't it?
im not talking about the SS braided hose, its just a rubber hose from the res. to the MC under the dash, the braided hose goes from the MC to the slave on the trans.

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i know .. so squeeze that a little bit as im bleeding the line or with the clutch engaged or what?

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was saying it's a little hard because it's a small diameter hose