Noises from new suspension ?

EM1_nic

I finally lowered my car on koni yellows and H&R sport all bought new and after everything was installed I left te shop and everytime I hit little bumps I hear sounds from the front drivers side and rear drivers side and it sounds like loose change.... That sound wasn't there before lowering the car ... I'm wondering if that is the sound of the bushings? Or what else could it be of it appeared only after being lowered? I didn't get it aligned yet as the car is sitting in my driveway and I wont be using it this week, i would like to try and understand what causes this so I don't get it aligned twice

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Did you recheck to make sure everything is tight? Are the springs setting on the perch correctly? Check those things if not.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

EM1_nic

The noise is only when I hit small bumps, no noise when I turn steering wheel and no noise when I try pushing down on the car myself it's only when rolling Over small bumps could this be normal and the suspension settling in since it's new or? Because the guy who installed it for me is not a noob he installs suspensions for many people and all his 4 cars are dropped so maybe once I get it aligned and it settles in a bit it will stop?

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not normal. There shouldn't be any noise espcially with this setup. Just because this guy has done other suspension installs and has his cars lowered doesn't mean everything was done properly or that he remembered to tighten/torque everything.

Sounds like to me either the springs are not seated properly or something is still loose. Especially since this noise is coming from 2 corners, not just one.

EM1_nic

Alright thank you I'll ask him to check because I don't think I hear it from every corner and I wasn't sure if that was the sound of bushings or not, also read somewhere it could be my brakes? Because it does it doesn't do it on the side where my brakes are fine it does it on the side where the kind of shield on the break is loose a bit and in the rear where I do need to change them anyways thanks I'll look into him tightening it all up hopefully it's that which causes these noises!