Noisy Built Exhaust

Colinizballin

Respected
Hi, first post here. I just bought a 2006 Civic Si and I love it. The car came with upgraded headers a straight exhaust system and removed catalytic converter with a 2-2.5 inch muffler tip. (not sure what any of the brands are right now or muffler type) car is at decent noise level until past 4k RPM where it just gets ridiculous. I like the feel of the upgrades on the car and they are well done, but I am really looking to cut back the sound level. What suggestions would you guys have to permanently reduce the noise so I don't get pulled over or seem overly obnoxious. (ie putting catalytic converter back on) Thanks.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Put a cat back in would be a start, but you are probably going to want to change to a quieter muffler. Can't help you on which one though because we don't know what you have. Can also put a resonator of some sort before the muffler, but again don't know what you are working with so can't recommend anything specific. Until we can get a definite brand/style of exhaust/header/muffler we are just guessing.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, thank you. I'll post on this when I figure out the models of the components
If they are name brand the parts should have a branding on them or a welded on tag of some sort. Pics would help too if you could provide them so we know what you are working with layout wise.