Noob to modding. 2004 Civic Sedan LX

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Baron - Tone it down. This is your verbal warning. The next time I see you flame, it will result in an infraction. Same goes with anyone else in this thread.

Debating is fine, calling each other bitches or telling each other to shut the f**k up is not.

baron340

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My bad... its gone now.. he just managed to push the right buttons.

I know stage 4 means nothing. It just refers to the specific Competition Clutch I have. Just the way the company labels it.

Linky.. this one

Renzo21

Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...
5+ Year Member
It doesn't matter how long I've been in the site, it doesn't mean I don't know anything about cars or that I haven't been around them and working on them my entire life... All it means is that I haven't looked on the internet for a forum for that long because I have not needed them...

Sorry about the arguing, I just don't like people to test my knowledge.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No worries. Glad to see you guys are back on the right track.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The most recommended upgrades I would look into is suspension and handling. It's true that these motors are weak and such, but with aftermarket suspension, it'll make the car a whole lot more fun to drive!

Either springs/struts combo or coilovers, sway bars, strut bars, braces, bushings, yadi yadi ya blah blah blah... etc... What other Civic do you know can take a solid corner at 40-50mph? (I wouldn't recommend doing this without experience)...

*It all just depends what you're looking out of your Civic, just like many others have stated.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It doesn't matter how long I've been in the site, it doesn't mean I don't know anything about cars or that I haven't been around them and working on them my entire life... All it means is that I haven't looked on the internet for a forum for that long because I have not needed them...

I was not trying to test your knowledge, it was not supposed to come out that way. Saying that you have been here for a month was referring to the lack of discussion you have had in the threads, meaning that its something that I have known for longer than you have been here. Your posts have seemed to be very knowledgeable and I would not try and deny you that. Just trying to point out that you didnt bring it to my attention.

Renzo21

Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...
5+ Year Member
I was not trying to test your knowledge, it was not supposed to come out that way. Saying that you have been here for a month was referring to the lack of discussion you have had in the threads, meaning that its something that I have known for longer than you have been here. Your posts have seemed to be very knowledgeable and I would not try and deny you that. Just trying to point out that you didnt bring it to my attention.
Alright man. Sorry for saying that, I was just pissed.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

both you and barons knowledge will never amount to mine..... and sorry but its the truth.

all i have to do is say something... and this entire section listens. you can go on not believing baron all you want. he bought my turbo kit and im sure he has learned alot from me and my findings.

niether one of you are qualified to tell this guy what to do with his civic. i am not qualified as well.

you cant tell him he cant find rods and cams. becasue this isnt a true statement. you cant tell him his first mod should be wheels because they aid in handling.... THEY DONT. your stock steel wheels will be just fine. my turbo civic with an open DP ran on stock steel wheels with hubcaps for 2 years. wheels mean s***. TIRES mean everything. just cause you flash some rims on it... doesnt mean it will handle good.

first time mods for first time modders should be left to the decision of the modder. let them LIVE AND LEARN. its thier car. so what some asswipe is gona say something... if it works for him... who cares?

people laughed at my hubcaps all day long... pop the hood... WHOLE different attitude. your appearance to the rest of the car scene means nothing. how fast you go... means nothing. what you believe is right and what you believe looks good. is all that matters.

you paint your car cotton candy pink and throw some 20s on there... you wont find me in your thread telling you how much i hate it. youll find ryan in there... or prolly most of the other people here... tone.. he will be there. joe wont be there. he knows better. i know better.

all im saying is... nobody here is qualified to tell you how to mod your car. you paid for it. its your money. these guys are just trying to get you to spend it. im sure you dont like people telling you how to spend your money... if that was the case.. you can be nice and spend 300 on me....my paypal is anytime your ready... let me know. you wont get a refund either.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, i'm new to modding cars and got a 2004 Civic Sedan LX in magnesium and see all these awesome pics here of stuff people have done and am wondering if people reccomend must have mods for noobs to start with and sites where people get their stuff from.
the only thing i recommend to a noob is to READ and RESEARCH. once you have that down, you will no longer need anyone elses opinions, you'll be knowlegdeable enough to make your own decisions.

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
both you and barons knowledge will never amount to mine..... and sorry but its the truth.

all i have to do is say something... and this entire section listens. you can go on not believing baron all you want. he bought my turbo kit and im sure he has learned alot from me and my findings.

niether one of you are qualified to tell this guy what to do with his civic. i am not qualified as well.

you cant tell him he cant find rods and cams. becasue this isnt a true statement. you cant tell him his first mod should be wheels because they aid in handling.... THEY DONT. your stock steel wheels will be just fine. my turbo civic with an open DP ran on stock steel wheels with hubcaps for 2 years. wheels mean s**t. TIRES mean everything. just cause you flash some rims on it... doesnt mean it will handle good.

first time mods for first time modders should be left to the decision of the modder. let them LIVE AND LEARN. its thier car. so what some asswipe is gona say something... if it works for him... who cares?

people laughed at my hubcaps all day long... pop the hood... WHOLE different attitude. your appearance to the rest of the car scene means nothing. how fast you go... means nothing. what you believe is right and what you believe looks good. is all that matters.

you paint your car cotton candy pink and throw some 20s on there... you wont find me in your thread telling you how much i hate it. youll find ryan in there... or prolly most of the other people here... tone.. he will be there. joe wont be there. he knows better. i know better.

all im saying is... nobody here is qualified to tell you how to mod your car. you paid for it. its your money. these guys are just trying to get you to spend it. im sure you dont like people telling you how to spend your money... if that was the case.. you can be nice and spend 300 on me....my paypal is buds302@yahoo.com anytime your ready... let me know. you wont get a refund either.

HAHA and with that amen.. lol

Renzo21

Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...
5+ Year Member

you cant tell him he cant find rods and cams. becasue this isnt a true statement. you cant tell him his first mod should be wheels because they aid in handling.... THEY DONT. your stock steel wheels will be just fine. my turbo civic with an open DP ran on stock steel wheels with hubcaps for 2 years. wheels mean s**t. TIRES mean everything. just cause you flash some rims on it... doesnt mean it will handle good.

all im saying is... nobody here is qualified to tell you how to mod your car. you paid for it. its your money. these guys are just trying to get you to spend it. im sure you dont like people telling you how to spend your money... if that was the case.. you can be nice and spend 300 on me....my paypal is buds302@yahoo.com anytime your ready... let me know. you wont get a refund either.
What makes you so smart about cars? Are you a honda engineer or something? Or is it because you have over 3000 posts? I just don't get it. None of your posts or threads have said to me that you are some genus car mechanic/engineer/know-it-all. I just don't get how you can tell ppl you don't even know that you know more than they do and that you know more than they ever will. To me you are just another guy on this site who actually knows what he is talking about, but I don't know you for real.

Getting back to the thread, he asked us for tips and we attempted to give him advice. And I believe that no 14" rim with good rubber will handle better or as well as a 17x7 wheel with the same rubber but in a different size. I don't think you could prove that, and that is what I meant by getting better wheels.

So... you may think you know more than everybody here, but remember that I don't think you know any more than a lot of people I know and work with...

I agree that it is your car and you do what you want. Everyone needs advice once in a while.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What makes you so smart about cars? Are you a honda engineer or something? Or is it because you have over 3000 posts? I just don't get it. None of your posts or threads have said to me that you are some genus car mechanic/engineer/know-it-all. I just don't get how you can tell ppl you don't even know that you know more than they do and that you know more than they ever will. To me you are just another guy on this site who actually knows what he is talking about, but I don't know you for real.

Getting back to the thread, he asked us for tips and we attempted to give him advice. And I believe that no 14" rim with good rubber will handle better or as well as a 17x7 wheel with the same rubber but in a different size. I don't think you could prove that, and that is what I meant by getting better wheels.

So... you may think you know more than everybody here, but remember that I don't think you know any more than a lot of people I know and work with...

I agree that it is your car and you do what you want. Everyone needs advice once in a while.
Amen to this! lol. Snake, you're a good man, but let's humble ourselves a bit. The OP asked for advice, so he obviously wants a little guidance. It's ok to give it to him in that case. And we don't know what anybody really knows on this forum. We haven't picked their brains completely. Let's all just act complimentary to the knowledge of others. Aiding each other is what we're here for, not hindering. A little debating is cool, but there's no need to throw around insults.

On that note, back on topic anyone? I think that's a good idea.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Im sorry but I have to give some props to Renzo, most people on this forum would have put their tail between their legs and walked away. Way to stand your ground.

Renzo21

Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...
5+ Year Member
Amen to this! lol. Snake, you're a good man, but let's humble ourselves a bit. The OP asked for advice, so he obviously wants a little guidance. It's ok to give it to him in that case. And we don't know what anybody really knows on this forum. We haven't picked their brains completely. Let's all just act complimentary to the knowledge of others. Aiding each other is what we're here for, not hindering. A little debating is cool, but there's no need to throw around insults.

On that note, back on topic anyone? I think that's a good idea.
Im sorry but I have to give some props to Renzo, most people on this forum would have put their tail between their legs and walked away. Way to stand your ground.
Thanks guys. I feel better that I'm not the only one who was feeling a little control trip.

ryanM

blah blah civic, blah blah candy pink, blah blah hate it, blah blah ryan
a candy pink civic tucking 20"s would look better than 99% of the cars on clubcivic

gets a :thumbup: from me.

i f**king hate 7th gens though.

god damn they suck.

you dont know me.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
seriously though, back on topic or I'm gonna have to lock this up.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hey did you guys know that Greddy is going bankrupt???!?!?!