Numbers on engine block

Rocko790165

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a b18b1 underneath where that is stamped on the engine block there is a set of numbers i was wondering if you could use those numbers to find out more about the motor or what are they used for. Thanx

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think its just an engine serial number, like to match it up with the car.

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no you can figuer out what car it came from if the car was in an accedent if the car was stolen all that s**t i was pulled over by the cops sitting still lol workin on the car in the parking lot they searched my whole car got the block number and trans number and called it in to make sure the s**t wasnt stolen

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its just a engine stamp for engine info. how could they check to see if it was stolen or not? VIN, yes they can search that s**t.

Rocko790165

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
then can i sue that number on some website to find out more about my motor thanx.

EG-Owns you

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
when the car comes from the factory it is stamed with a vin attached to that vin is allso the engine code when you look it up same with the tranny code

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EG-Owns you said:
when the car comes from the factory it is stamed with a vin attached to that vin is allso the engine code when you look it up same with the tranny code
lol oh yeah forgot about that bar. Good call.

EG-Owns you

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
trust me after allmost getting fined a bunch of money its kinda stuck in my head i went and regesterd my engine and tranny with the state the next day and i they said why do i have a motor that was from a suv from japan im like um idk just do i guess lol

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know on ZCs if the first number is a 2... its from the civic, if its a 4 its from a integra

o0kuam0o

Master of Ceremonies
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Took my car to SpeedLine here in WA yesterday.. he read some number on the head and it told him that the motor was from year '97.. jdm b16a from del sol possibly or something.. weird.