1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Numbers on engine block

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by Rocko790165, Oct 5, 2006.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Rocko790165

Rocko790165 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I have a b18b1 underneath where that is stamped on the engine block there is a set of numbers i was wondering if you could use those numbers to find out more about the motor or what are they used for. Thanx

2. Matt.

Matt. Banned Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

I think its just an engine serial number, like to match it up with the car.

3. EG-Owns you

EG-Owns you Twin Tech Owns Your Shit! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

no you can figuer out what car it came from if the car was in an accedent if the car was stolen all that s**t i was pulled over by the cops sitting still lol workin on the car in the parking lot they searched my whole car got the block number and trans number and called it in to make sure the s**t wasnt stolen

4. Tiso

Tiso Tello ! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

its just a engine stamp for engine info. how could they check to see if it was stolen or not? VIN, yes they can search that s**t.

5. Rocko790165

Rocko790165 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

then can i sue that number on some website to find out more about my motor thanx.

6. EG-Owns you

when the car comes from the factory it is stamed with a vin attached to that vin is allso the engine code when you look it up same with the tranny code

7. Tiso

Tiso Tello ! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

lol oh yeah forgot about that bar. Good call.

8. EG-Owns you

trust me after allmost getting fined a bunch of money its kinda stuck in my head i went and regesterd my engine and tranny with the state the next day and i they said why do i have a motor that was from a suv from japan im like um idk just do i guess lol

9. Steven.

Steven. Formally Green 91 Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

i know on ZCs if the first number is a 2... its from the civic, if its a 4 its from a integra

10. o0kuam0o

o0kuam0o Master of Ceremonies Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Took my car to SpeedLine here in WA yesterday.. he read some number on the head and it told him that the motor was from year '97.. jdm b16a from del sol possibly or something.. weird.