o2 sensor

Tripswitch

Have a check eng. light. Locale parts store read code. Says vac leak and/or o2 bank one. Could not find vac leak. Replaced o2 sensor on bank one with a Universal one. when test driving eng. would accelerate and decelerate slightly. Is this norm. After 10 miles or so. stopped and unplugged the ecu fuse for about 30 sec. light went out. Still did the same. Parked over night, now the eng. accelerate, decelerate has stopped but check eng. light is on again.

2004 civic LX 1.7 auto

Please any thoughts to get me moving forward would be appreciated.
Thank You

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
return that sensor for a direct oem plug in either NTK or denso.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if what you mean by accelerate and decelerate is that the rpms are surging then you have a vacuum leak

Tripswitch

ck eng o2 sensof

Ok thanks for this input. Gets me headed in a direction. The first codes I don't have. But stopped in and had them re-read. Ck eng light back on. This set of codes are PO171 , P2A00 , and PO134.

Thanks again,

Tripswitch

Brand of o2 sensor

Oextra by standard #SG300 was what I was given. The last round on ck eng codes was for this one. Which is the second try. And the codes (previous reply) indicate that it was dead, no signal. First one was cross threaded out of the box. lol Now they have the denco part direct fit. for 156.99. Or I can get a Bosch OEM for 58.99. Not sure which I should go for.