obd1 ecu code 6

marneli10

Registered VIP
Ok well i did a swap b16a2 swap on my brothers eg hatch he use to have an ls b18b1 in it here is my problem the old harness he had was all cut up and the old owners tried doing a wire tuck on it so idk what wires were cut it would throw engine coolant temp code befor and now we used a diffrent engine harness and it still is throwing the code i think there is an open wire some were i dont want to take all the wire tuck out and have to find the open wire so i will just wire a wire from the plug to the ecu but i cant find the ecu pin for that wire any 1 have the pin out and sence its a to wire sensor is 1 ground and the other to the ecu or what will i have to do thanks in advace

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What ECU? What harness?

Not trying to be a d**k by any means, but, if you want help you need to make an effort in your post.. aka sentences. If you can't spend a few minutes to help the reader fully understand the problem, why should we spend a few minutes to help you. Two-way street here. ;)

Anyways, did you test the ECT sensor itself? Grab a multimeter and test it with the motor cold. As it warms up you should see the readings change. If they don't your sensor is f****d. It should be located on the end of the head, dizzy side. Red/white and green/white wires hooked to it.. assuming it's the correct harness of course.

marneli10

Registered VIP
Dx harness converted to use vtec and knock sensor with del sol p30 ecu and i havnt testd the sensor but i dnt think its that because it had the code on with the ls swap and the b16 swap i got everthing was working in it it was a friend of mines so i now it didnt have any cl lights when we took it off and it the wire tuck is on the harness that comes out from inside the car not the engine harness its self the old si engine harness was all cut up thats why im usen the dx harness instead