odd noise on acceleration: 2012 civic

ladagosta

only 24,000 miles recent purchase, so I am not familiar with the car history. It is only when accelerating and when the clutch is depressed the noise disappears but the entire time I am driving it, the car sounds like I am sandblasting the road!!! and it is getting louder with time and now it appears to be losing power or pick up. I have parked it for now waiting to hear some suggestions before getting it checked out, stealers are always looking to rake over the coals for big bucks thankfully I have bumper to bumper on it but still don't want them making rates go up any higher than what they are

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You should always be familiar with car history before purchasing a new vehicle. Get it from the previous owner, CarFax, the dealer, whoever.

If the noise disappears when you depress the clutch, it has something do with that or your transmission. If you press lightly on the pedal and the noise goes away, it may be the throwout bearing. When the loss of power is prevalent, do the RPM's jump or does the clutch act like it's slipping at all?

And is the check engine light on?