1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

OFFICIAL DIY: Wire 99-00 OEM Fog Lights /w Parking Lights

Discussion in 'Exterior / Detailing / Bodywork DIY How-To's' started by JohnS., May 21, 2007.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy.

Billy. Has returned ;-) Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

its been a few months now for me. no problems with blowing fuses or anything.. its all still good.

2. denracho

denracho New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

i did this and now my parking light doesnt on or off when i hit my alarm .. i checked all the fuses and nothing is blown..wat can cause this problem?

3. biglou954

biglou954 Heyyyy Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

yo did the wire harness that u switched the wires on come with the fogs???

4. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Yes.

My fogs are genuine OEM. So the interior harness, switch, engine harness, and fog light assembly were all included.

:thumbs up.

5. biglou954

do u think the password jdm fogs will have that??? i just ordered mine! will i be able to do this mod????

6. biglou954

do u think the password jdm fogs will have that??? i just ordered mine! will i be able to do this mod????

7. JohnS.

PasswordJDM fogs should be DEPO style. Which means they are powered by the battery so you should be able to use them without even putting the key in. Not sure though so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

8. biglou954

hopefully i can!!!

9. Billy.

Billy. Has returned ;-) Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

depo fogs are a pain in the ass cuz everyone forgets theyre on and the battery dies. OEM FTW

10. LethalSi

LethalSi New Member 5+ Year Member

wow i took those connectors off and one of the red and white wires is fried...like the connector is dark brown around it and its hard as a rock near the connector...

11. LethalSi

LethalSi New Member 5+ Year Member

doubt ill get an answer on this since this thread is like a year old....what does the taillight fuse have to do with the fogs since its the dash panel fuse that blows?

12. mrmarc

mrmarc New Member 5+ Year Member

I know this is quite an old thread, but I thought I'd answer this question since I currently have my fogs wired this way. Because the fogs use a relay to turn on, you basically just need a second 12V source that's independent of the lights. I used the one that goes into the back of my head unit. Now as long as my key is in ACC or the engine is running, I can turn my fogs on without turning even my parking lights on.

13. donovan772

donovan772 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

do you need to have a working switch? cause mine is busted.

14. JohnS.

Well considering you need a switch to turn on the lights, I would assume so lol.

15. central25thst

central25thst New Member

how can i depin?. It has been incredibly hard for me to do.

16. central25thst

central25thst New Member

17. JohnS.

Depin? What do you mean depin? You mean pull out the 2 wires you need to switch? The step says to use a jewelers screwdriver to unclip the ends of the wires out of the plugs.

18. 2ksilvercivic

2ksilvercivic New Member

oem fog lights / w parking lights

hey john can you post up pics on this wire change when you have a chance

19. 2ksilvercivic

2ksilvercivic New Member

oem fog lights / w parking lights

hey flip can you post pics of how your car looks with fogs and parking lights on

20. dookie_j

dookie_j New Member 5+ Year Member

wut about fogs from weaksauce.com. does any body know how those wire up? do they wire up off the battery? r they good fogs to get? pm me plz if u can

: official diy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.