I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
All,

Note: This is the new official cruise thread for the cruise we've all been trying to plan. Sady doesn't post on these forums too often anymore, so with his permission I had the old thread locked and a new one created so I can easily update the first post.

CANCELLED!

Cruise Date: October 23, 2010
Time: 12pm (EST)
Meeting Place: TBA
Route Deatils:
  • ~3 Hour Cruise
  • ~98 Miles, INCLUDING to the summit of Mt. Greylock, with AMAZING views (see pics below)
  • We'll definitely stop for scenic pics, etc, and we can stop wherever for food as well

Attendees: Updated 10/2/2010 (+1's are same vehicle)
XpL0d3r
Dan (Friend of XpL0d3r)
Brian (Friend of XpL0d3r) + 1
Sady + 1
Cdubs
Possibly a couple people on local forums?

Details:
I mapped out the route for a nice Berkshires cruise. This cruise will start in Pittsfield MA, and is basically a giant square. Basically we could start somewhere where it says "Meet", there is a nice parking lot there right by the lake we could meet at. Then from there we go north through Adams, MA, and hit Route 2 (very nice drive here) and go east. Then we hit the route 12 down to route 9.

If this is the route we choose, its 97.8 miles including to Mt. Greylock. Google Maps tells me 2 Hours, 57 minutes. IF we don't choose to do the Greylock run, we're looking at 2 hours, 25 minutes, and 84.6 miles. But I def think we should go to the mountain.. awesome views!

Below is the rough cruise route and some pics of Mt Greylock taken by a friend (my ex gf.. lol). If anyone has any suggestions, etc let me know! If you want to attend just post, and if you know you're bringing anyone else also let me know so I can (try) to make the Attendees list accurate!

OH, and the road to the top of the mountain has been all redone as of last year, so it's nice and smooth.. AND it has a couple hairpin turns.. just be careful! There are also a couple nice stops on the way where we can take nice pics or just admire the scenery, lol.

ROUTE:

Mt. Greylock

Sooo let's get a nice cruise going guys! Even if your car isn't up to par, or not ready.. if you can get A car just to come out and take a nice cruise.. do it!

CDubs

Registered VIP
nice to see this up =)...im going to bring my girlfriend up in the same car...and if you dont mind i have one more car possibly an audi or civic (depends if the civic is road ready) that my friend may bring up also, so we can have more people

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds good! Bring as many as you can! I also posted this on MassDriven.com so may get a few from there as well (it's a small forum though).

PS All roads are lowered friendly!

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i wish i was a little closer...have a good cruise to who ever goes...

CDubs

Registered VIP
how far of a drive is it for you pyro? im going like 2 hours or so

CDubs

Registered VIP
yeah im at school too, i mean im gunna be driving an hour to pick my girlfriend up also, i say come up its gunna be a blast especially with the views

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:thumbs up do ittt. I have a few more pics from when we went up, but I think if theres still some foliage left it will be awesome!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your faceeee

CDubs

Registered VIP
looks like i got 3 more cars coming up as long as they dont back out last minute they will be coming up with me

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

CDubs

Registered VIP
glad to see you added 3 of my friends =) im really hoping they dont back out

CDubs

Registered VIP
Too bad man have fun though....maybe if I get one goin in upper CT in the spring you could come

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Invite some more people! Two weeks!

CDubs

Registered VIP
looks like 1 kid with his srt4 has to work, and the brothers (mach 1 and wrx) are going to the strip to promote the garage they work for so work also and my girlfriend cant go she has a family thing at 5 and i wont be able to be back in time...sucks but w.e s**t happens, still looking for more people to come though

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, I have bad news myself anyways. Car died yesterday. Charging System fuse keeps blowing. Looking for wire short, but car is at the tuner now. I'm going to be getting a whole new engine harness since I'm fed up with this stupid rich problem I'm having. Hoping this works, though if I don't get everything settled in time (which I most likely won't), my car is also out. I can still ride with my friends LGT though. s**t sucks, but I need my car running right. Tuner is about an hour and a half away from me and my car died with about 30 miles to go. AAA towed it, but bill still came to $121. Dang.

CDubs

Registered VIP
sucks man sorry to hear that at least the cruise is still on ive been looking forward to this for a while

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I have bad news myself anyways. Car died yesterday. Charging System fuse keeps blowing. Looking for wire short, but car is at the tuner now. I'm going to be getting a whole new engine harness since I'm fed up with this stupid rich problem I'm having. Hoping this works, though if I don't get everything settled in time (which I most likely won't), my car is also out. I can still ride with my friends LGT though. s**t sucks, but I need my car running right. Tuner is about an hour and a half away from me and my car died with about 30 miles to go. AAA towed it, but bill still came to $121. Dang.
Its NOT the harness....but if you wanna give Morgan another $g, I cant stop ya. :oh:

:rolf: