Oil in Coolant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph3991

Everyone I am boggled at this problem.

Details:
1. My car was over heating (had foam in radiator and bubbles)
2. I replaced the head gasket (FEL PRO)
3. had the head milled
4. valve job just for the heck of it.
5. new valve seals.
6. NEW HEAD BOLTS

Put it all back together.....now I dont overheat, no bubbles....JUST OIL IN RADIATOR. Not in oil pan. IDLES ROUGH (damn near 0) WTF Is this?

I changed the Intake gasket, too but i dont think that is the cause. Just googled around and saw that possibility.

Please help me guys.

D15z1

The problem was not happening before I did the head job!

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Sooooo have you checked anything and everything that needs to be right for the engine to run correctly?

Timing? Ignition system? Fuel?

Any CELs?

Ralph3991

timing is right, ignition, and fuel is right. The car sounds great! Just oil in coolant. When I hit the gas back pressure in exhaust like a MF

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This whole thing doesn't make sense. It is running great except for the oil in the radiator, yet it is running poorly and idling at near 0? Which is it?

Backfiring in the exhaust could be a number of things, but it sounds like a timing issue.

If it wasn't doing it prior to you working on it, I suggest tracing your steps and find out what isn't plugged in or is put back on wrong.

Ralph3991

To clarify, the engine sounds great! It was a timing issue with the backfire and s**t. I fixed that like y'all suggested. But now the oil in radiator? Please help with this!

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
How do you know it isn't just oil in the radiator from someone with greasy hands touching it or oil getting in the water jackets while doing the HG swap?

Have you done a compression test to see if any of the cylinders are leaking?

Ralph3991

all I know is that when I take the cap off the radiator I see oil in it. Rainbow color, I see milky s***. I pull the oil dipstick and it looks watered down. I have not done the comp test. I will do that in the morning and tell you the results! Thanks for helping me!

MY PCV HOSE BROKE OFF, CAN THIS BE THE REASON WHY?????? I was looking online and this is what I read

"Check the PCV system. Any obstruction or loss of vacuum will cause moisture to accumulate in the engine and it will show up at the highest/coolest points in the engine."

Last edited by a moderator:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Clean the radiator, it's residual oil from being handled by dirty hands OR when the head warped/HG blew oil and coolant mixed and went into the radiator.

You are low on oil

Oil is suppose to be clear, water and oil do not mix, if there was coolant in it it would be brown/milky.

Check compression, if it is good then you're fine.

EJoe1

How bad was the head gasket blown ....looks like too much form when it was blown ...maybe leftovers from hoses or inside or do a parts # check make sure its the right gasket cause from the looks u have no oil in pan and you are loosing coolant .... does it smoke or puke out the back? My eg d15b7 never threw a light but blew gasket and ran sooo rough and no CEL .... idk all that oil and coolant is going somewhere

Last edited:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please pay attention to the dates of the threads. This was from a year and 4 months ago. OP is long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.