oil in spark plug wells

PaulKRocks

94 civic dx. Got lots of oil in spark plug wells. Replaced valve cover gasket and tube seals. Used that blue liquid stuff to test for blown head gasket (and not blown). Oil is still entering all 4 wells although one is worse than the others.
I'm thinking it is the lower orings below the rocker arm. I'm a bit nervous about removing and replacing the rocker arm. I've got the orings as part of the valve cover gasket kit. Any other reasons for the oil I should check before (or instead of) trying the orings? Just trying to go from easiest to hardest =).
thanks.
BTW - car runs fine and i've no problems with its performance. not running rough or having difficulty with spark. But the oil amount is significant.

Gabriel Ludwick

94 civic dx. Got lots of oil in spark plug wells. Replaced valve cover gasket and tube seals. Used that blue liquid stuff to test for blown head gasket (and not blown). Oil is still entering all 4 wells although one is worse than the others.
I'm thinking it is the lower orings below the rocker arm. I'm a bit nervous about removing and replacing the rocker arm. I've got the orings as part of the valve cover gasket kit. Any other reasons for the oil I should check before (or instead of) trying the orings? Just trying to go from easiest to hardest =).
thanks.
BTW - car runs fine and i've no problems with its performance. not running rough or having difficulty with spark. But the oil amount is significant.
Replace o-rings u got valve cover gasket kit use it completely should stop the oil

PaulKRocks

Thanks Gabriel. Any tips on removing and reattaching the rocker arm? do i need to find TDC or deal with gapping the valve stems? Or can i just remove and replace with the right torque?

PaulKRocks

Well - I did it! I took off the rocker arm and replaced the "lower" tube seals. Got torque specs and voila - no more oil leak.
This video was extremely helpful. Gotta love ETCG: