Oil leak at dipstick

_shakademos_

My dip stick is spitting oil why is this happening how do I fix it!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you mean its "spitting" oil? Is the dipstick not seating correctly? Is it damaged? Are you sure you dont have too much oil? Pictures might help.

I changed your title because "help" says nothing about your issue and deters interest. Always use a short yet relevant title.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Could be the seal around the dipstick, or, something is clogged up somewhere and the system can't vent properly... like a PCV valve. If pressure builds up, it's going to release via the least path of resistance, aka through the dip stick.

_shakademos_

My dip stick is spitting oil why is this happening how do I fix it!!!!!!!!!!

I checked that pvc not clogged it's sucking

High engine mileage and worn piston rings?
Yea it might be that and it's boosted 2 so even more stress u think it's better to rebuild it or swap it

Last edited by a moderator:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Maybe this thread can help you out? Good discussion going on in there.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...and it's boosted 2 so even more stress u think it's better to rebuild it or swap it
These are details that should've been stated in your opening post. Is there any other pertinent info you haven't shared?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I looked a little closer and it looks like the wall is leaking
Unless you engine was built in the Amityville house, I believe you're referring to the head gasket leaking.

Being that you have yet to answer any of my previous questions, are you sure the oil isnt leaking from elsewhere, such as the right side of the valve cover, and dripping down that way? Wipe off all the oil drippage then reinspect everything after a drive or two and try to identify the leak source.