Oil pressure switch connection?

upnorthguy

5+ Year Member
I have a 2001 EX with a D17A2. I'm over half done with a head gasket replacement. As I was about to start reconnecting the intake manifold, I noticed the connector for the oil pressure switch above the oil filter has become disconnected. And not on the switch itself...the wire that ties into the other end is hanging loose. It must have separated when I was moving the intake around as I got the head out.

Can anyone tell me where that wire goes (e.g., what/where does it plug into the harness)? I'm having a hard time coming up with a diagram.

upnorthguy

5+ Year Member
To close the loop...from another forum:

"Oil pressure switch above the oil filter.....short wire about 8 inches long leads to a single pin connector near passengers rear corner of the head (or the VTEC valve), then connects to the engine harness.

yellow/red wires all the way."

Additional thoughts from me after figuring this out based on the above tip (for anyone else that stumbles upon this):

The oil pressure switch is indeed connected with a single wire that is red/yellow. It is mostly covered with a black sleeve so you really cannot see the wire colors easily/at all. The short 6" tail that goes from the sensor ends up in the female part of one of those gray connectors that are common under the hood.

The engine harness connection is most easily accessed while standing at the passenger wheeland reaching your left hand into the void behind the intake manifold, just under the VTEC solenoid area. Squeeze and fight the male half of the gray connector to release.

The female half of the clip is held onto a metal bracket (but you can fish your fingers around and push on the tab and get it to release from the bracket. I had better success getting at the release tab from under car, looking up at the bottom side of the intake manifold (much easier with the oil filter removed).
Once I did that, I was able to reunite the free end of the 6" wire (which clearly ended in a metal prong that was meant to be connected up to something) with the female half of the bracket.