Omg please help, this is so annoying!!

freshasfck

vtakkk
Registered VIP
Soo my fogs were working just fine before all this had happen. I just washed my car right now and the fogs all of a sudden turned on all by themselves while the car was OFF. Now everytime I get in the car and turn on the power, i play around with my switch and itll turn off. Right when I turn off my car and get out, they turn back on again WTFFF?! I cant let them stay on forever while my car is off, itll drain my battery! What do you think happened?!

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like some kind of short in the wiring, are they OEM or aftermarket and how are they wired

1999CivicEX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like you need to check all the wiring for the fogs. Make sure they havnt rubbed the coating on the wires off.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would try and replace the switch as you said you have to play with the switch to get them to turn off

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just wire em into your side markers lol, less hassle

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just wire em into your side markers lol, less hassle
I wouldn't advise doing this as you would have to splice into the stock wiring and that can just create more problems down the road and the circuit isn't designed to run bulbs like that.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wouldn't advise doing this as you would have to splice into the stock wiring and that can just create more problems down the road and the circuit isn't designed to run bulbs like that.
i was kidding.

need to get the oem fogs with the right switchs and plug ins. those cheap ones on ebay are junk.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The thing is it was perfectly fine before I hosed the car down with water.
start going through and finding where its shorting out at, not much advice can be given
i was kidding.

need to get the oem fogs with the right switchs and plug ins. those cheap ones on ebay are junk.
lol k good and I concur with getting OEM, i had the ebay stuff for a bit and it was nothing but problems, since I have gotten OEM for about 2 years and no a single issue

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
something about the ebay fogs wanna blow bulbs really quick, and the plastic breaks REAL easy, and the fit is almost always off a lil