Open broken door

ShadowReap

I have a 92 honda civic that the Passanger door latch broke. As this was my only vehicle at the time I shut the door held it in place and locked it. Now that I plan to fix it, i can't get the door unlocked. Any ideas on how to get it open?

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

tausiman

Send picture... To see

Sent from my Wileyfox Storm using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So not only did the handle break off but now when you engage to open what's left of the handle you can't get it to unlock. Or do you mean that the handle wouldnt engage the door grabbing mechanism and now the lock isnt functioning when you turn the key either?

As you can tell, more detail is needed to understand your issue. Have you tried looking up door lock and handle mechanism diagrams to figure it out?

ShadowReap

The door handle doesn't do anything. The latch broke inside the door so now the lock doesn't come up because it thinks the handle is being held open at all times. I've search a fix for it but can't find anything. I've tried removing the door panel to get pictures but I can't get it off without the door being open.

ShadowReap

Can't get a picture. It's on the panel behind the dash. I'll take a picture of the door after work.