Opinions on color change

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
Ok I have a red EJ1

It needs some body work but that will happen in due time but my main problem is deciding whether to keep the red or go black. Personally I love both colors but I think black just looks better on the coupes. Now I have a question as to what do you think the estimated cost would be to paint it black and to paint it red? And for anyone in PA, do you happen to know any good paint shops? I really dont plan on going to maaco.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My coupe was black with a red hood, you could do that haha

Maaco jobs aren't that bad if you prep the car yourself I heard. I live below Pittsburgh and my local guy does paint for good deals but if you aren't around me then just ask people in your family, their bound to know someone.

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
My coupe was black with a red hood, you could do that haha

Maaco jobs aren't that bad if you prep the car yourself I heard. I live below Pittsburgh and my local guy does paint for good deals but if you aren't around me then just ask people in your family, their bound to know someone.
I live towards Greensburg and theres not really any out here the only guy i knew who did get retired lol

And go black, to me its the cleanest color to use on that year

bainz610

5+ Year Member
If you go black just remember 2 things. Its a pain to keep clean and its one of the hardest colors to shoot. If you do go black make sure you get a good guy to do it and please for the love of god dont be cheap and get all your jams done.

1997EK

1997 Civic DX (EJ6)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you go black just remember 2 things. Its a pain to keep clean and its one of the hardest colors to shoot. If you do go black make sure you get a good guy to do it and please for the love of god dont be cheap and get all your jams done.

This x 1,000,000.

My black Civic looks awesome when its all washed and waxed, but less than 24 hours after that it starts to show everything like dust and water spots. Not to mention it gets super hot in the summer. If I had to choose a color, I'd probably go with silver or a metallic gray. But if I had to choose between black and red, I'd go red.