Overheated D17A2, installing JDM D17A

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Clear is on. I really hope it cures clear, cause there's spots that look white, and I'm not happy. 20151229_212314.jpg

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally got around to stripping the "new" engine, and I can gladly say it's a legit 35k km engine. I had a s**t eating grin on my face when I pulled the valve cover :D
Also, I'm REALLY glad I pulled the intake, look at all that carbon buildup! Can't wait till I go K-Pro and do the EGR enimination. 20160103_202537.jpg 20160103_195423.jpg 20160103_195520.jpg 20160103_195355.jpg 20160103_195329.jpg 20160103_200516.jpg

dancam

Registered VIP
Nice =)
How did the clear on the trans turn out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The big spot I was worried about dried foggy, so I just put a quick spritz of color on it lol other than that there's only one tiny spot, it's not noticeable until it's pointed out.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ordered the new radiator, overflow and gaskets and sealants I needed to finish things up, picking all except the radiator and overflow up in the morning, along with more paint and primer. Hoping to get the oil pan pulled and reseal ed and do a final cleaning and paint tomorrow, after I do the valve lash adjustment and get everything buttoned up from valve cover to oil pan so I can paint the long block after its all sealed up. I'll snap a few pics along the way ;)

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
It's also worth noting that the interior now smells like burnt oil, which honestly angers me more than the blown engine lol I'm not the least bit worried about the rebuild or replacing the engine if it comes to that, but getting that smell out of the car is going to be a nightmare.
Get a big bag of baking soda and pour it on the floors like you would your carpet at home. Then put the remaining in a big bowl and put it in the back seats. Close it all up and let it sit for a few days. The baking soda will pull that odor out of everything.

Vacuum the carpet and then shampoo it and vacuum again. You should be good to go and virtually have that new car smell all over again.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I actually febreezed the eff out of it a couple weeks ago, but if the smell.comes back, I'll give that a try. It actually smells good now lol

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got the kids to bed before 10, so decided to put in a lil time on the engine. Pulled the oil pan and rear main, still amazed at how clean this engine is :D
IMG_20160110_001821.jpg

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No pics tonight, but I got the new rear main on and sealed the oil pan back up. Letting it cure and then I'll flip it over and put oil in it and do the valve lash adjustment. Possibly ready for paint tomorrow, but most likely not til Tuesday.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
One more piece to the puzzle. Now just waiting on the temp to go over 60° AND humidity to go below 60% IMG_20160112_183355.jpg