Overheated, melted plug boot: 97 honda

TheJayMan

So I over heated my car a few days ago and my check engine light started blinking and the my car died. I got it towed hone and realized the I melted my spark plug boots. Does anyone know what I can do. I don't know what I should do. I tried getting them out and they keep breaking in pieces. If I could get the rest of the boots out then I could work on getting the plugs out and get a new set of plugs and wires. Has anyone had this problem any help would be great thanks in advance!!

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Swap engine (if car is in good condition overall) or get rid of it would be my input. Overheating problems are usually kind of a pain in the ass..

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Find another motor to swap in.
If the motor got that hot, it's toast and probably warped to no end.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For the sake of clarity, being that you misspelled several things as well, you actually overheated the engine along with melting a spark plug boot. Is that correct? Those are not two things that tend to happen at the same time as they are completely unrelated to the best of my knowledge.

Also, I changed your title from the ambiguous "I need so help and advice on my 97 honda" to something helpful so as to draw in useful attention.

nickieluvschris

I had the same problem with my 00' civic...and i don't know much but if it got that hot your engine is probably screwed mine was. When i got the melted boot off and took the plugs out there was water in my sparkplug.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk