Overheating?

indyfan918

Ok so I have possibly the worst luck with my civic. I have a 2001 ex with 112k miles. I've replaced the timing belts, transmission, camshaft position sensor went out a couple days ago and I replaced that. Tonight I was driving, turned the AC off and rolled the windows down cause it was nice, then the temperature gauge went straight up to the top. I turned the AC on and it went back to normal. What is happening here?

Also, how much would be logical to sell it for? It's in good shape after all that I've replaced, I just need a bigger car. Thanks!

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Ok so I have possibly the worst luck with my civic. I have a 2001 ex with 112k miles. I've replaced the timing belts, transmission, camshaft position sensor went out a couple days ago and I replaced that. Tonight I was driving, turned the AC off and rolled the windows down cause it was nice, then the temperature gauge went straight up to the top. I turned the AC on and it went back to normal. What is happening here?

Also, how much would be logical to sell it for? It's in good shape after all that I've replaced, I just need a bigger car. Thanks!
Selling price really depends on area, supply and demand, and in turn value when it comes to cars. I would say you can get 3000 for it stock if you plan to sell it within the same week. As for the overheating problem, Do you have any cell codes? (check engine) Apart from that you might want to make sure your fan relay is working and if the fan turns on when it is supposed to. Apart from that, if the fans don't turn on at all you might need new fans...or a particular sensor..