Own A 6th Gen? Dont Wanna Get Jacked? Read This!

jazzyJAE

Pandora's box
I have a clifford alarm with a backup battery, hidden kill switch and best of all http://www.autolock.com/Unbreakable_Auto_BL.htm a buddy of mine has had his 2000gsr broken into three times, they pop the steering colum but gave up when they ran into the auto lock. Think the only way it's coming off is if you have a cutting torch,
ive got that same lock on my clutch, my car is parked right outside my window and i keep a loaded .40 in my nightstand, next step is that fuel cutoff switch, god forbid a theif is out there long enough for me to come out with my glock :twisted:

qwertyuiop

Rockin' Out the Sedans!
6th Generation Owners Please listen.

Our cars are the most stolen out of all the civics and we are near the top of the most stolen car.

All you swap People. Dont think no one knows you have a swap just cause you have a dx "sleeper" we all can tell the difference between a d-series and a b/h/k series even when your not hitting vtec. Dont rely on looking stock cause most thieves arent stupid.

To all you 99-00 si owners... Listen. THEY ARE COMING! THEY KNOW YOU HAVE AN SI AND THEY ARE GOING TO TRY TO STEAL IT. THERE IS NO IF , MIGHT, MAYBE. THEY ARE COMING FOR YOUR EM1!

Protect yourself first.

1. Get yourself FULLY insured. Dont just go for the liabilty cause you wont get s**t if you get jacked. Would you rather pay a little more a month and get money for your stolen car or pay a little and have no car and no money?

2. Dont be stupid and think that if you "debadge" your si no one will know. We all know:???: Most people who know anything about civics can hear your b16 easily and spot your em1 from a mile away

3. Get a decent alarm system. Sure most thieves can bypass an alarm system in a matter of seconds but it is still better than nothing , especially if you have a pager. Get a back up battery for the alarm system and put a siren inside the car. Its very hard to steal a car when your ears are bleeding.

4. Get or make an Immobilizer. Here is how
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=59178&highlight=kill

Attach the wires that run to your fuel pump to a switch. And Hide the switch somewhere. Deactivate the switch when you leave the car. This way your car will have no fuel if someone decides to try to steal it

5. Have a swap and or HID's or HID kit? Get locking Hoodpins.. It takes seconds to steal a HID kit.. Lock your hood up

6. Have a aftermarket headunit? Do yourself a favor and take the face off when you get out.. Dont be that a*****e who got his removable face head unit stolen.. Its the same concept as having a door lock and leaving the keys in the door when you leave.

7. THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE dont think cause your 6th gen has no mods done to it that there is no reason for someone to steal it.. Guess what.. It is still very profitable to steal a stock civic.. Dont be stupid.

Be smart about your car 6th generation civic and you can keep it for years... :D

This is a friggin' great write up once again BlackHope. =) Especially when there is too much carjacking and carnapping happening here in philippines. :beer:

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SO even now after 6 years of this post should invest money into an alarm system for my civic?

Jose1027

Registered VIP
^^agree,mine is still a project nd they have tried breaking into it 2 times,to steal what idk lol,1st time they smashed my window and were trying to take my ep3 steering wheel,second time i saw someone trying to get close to it nd ran outside with my bros bb rifle lol,i guess it look real enought for them to run lol,so now i keep it in the garage,we took the van out to put my civic in:D

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
An alarm is essential for any car. Especially if you plan on modifying it.

one thing that should be added to OP is you should get your windows tinted. Out of site, out of mind

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alarm and a couple kill switches :thumbs up

Jon247

Does nothing against a tow truck.
Very true, but thats my best bet. although its unlikely someone will be able to get anything towed out the parking lot wear i live lol its too narrow for anything like that.

(Oh how i wish i had my own personal sniper trained to shoot anyone who tries to steal my civic)

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Very true, but thats my best bet. although its unlikely someone will be able to get anything towed out the parking lot wear i live lol its too narrow for anything like that.

(Oh how i wish i had my own personal sniper trained to shoot anyone who tries to steal my civic)
You wear parking lots? How odd.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A newer tow truck with an adjustable arm on the back can snatch a car out of a parking spot with little space around it. You have enough room to pull into a spot, they have enough room to pull you out of it.

Jon247

A newer tow truck with an adjustable arm on the back can snatch a car out of a parking spot with little space around it. You have enough room to pull into a spot, they have enough room to pull you out of it.
your right i was just thinking about that after my last post lol. Hope that day never happens:???:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They can even get it if you are parallel parked!! :shock:

[YOUTUBE="Parallel parked tow demo"]OJQquGsa7iw[/YOUTUBE]

young_

out on bail
Staff member