P0135 code? Help pleaseee

hckyplya8

I swapped my exhaust (had no CEL) when I first changed it I changed the headers to a stock 99 EX header to a test pipe to yonaka catback. I got the code from the test pipe and bought a magnaflow cat brand new. Everything is bolted up nice no leaks or anything but now my CEL won't go off. I scanned and tried to clear but it won't go away and it's the P0135 code. The o2 bung is located farther down on the 99 header than the stock 96 header so I had to run the o2 sensor a different way and it is BARELY long enough to get to the bung. It is a tight fit. I'm not sure how to get this code away and I don't see why the sensor itself is all of a sudden bad. Help please!

Trekk

Registered VIP
Well for starters if the manifold is cracked that might give you the code. Also if the wires are at the limits one of the pins might of backed out.

greenEJ6

that code is for sensor one. i have an Ex header(aftermarket) on my Dx and mine reached fine with no streching on sensor one. on sensor two there is a jumper harness from the Honda that i bought.

greenEJ6

since its a sensor one issue i doubt the pins would have backed out you your sensor may have gone bad

hckyplya8

Even if I had to re route it? There was no slack in the cord when I screwed the sensor into the header

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you may have damaged the sensor when you changed it from one header to the other, or possibly contaminated the sensor part when it was out. didn't get any chemicals, cleaners, etc on the actual sensor when you were changing it, did you? I think they're pretty sensitive to that kind of thing