P0304 Code, CEL for 2002 Honda Civic EX

Billmcse

Engine light came on about 2-3 months ago. Got a code of P0304 which is the 4th spark plug misfiring. I had replaced the plugs about 25,000 previously and the coils hadn't been changed before. So I went and bought both plugs and coils, swapped em all out and the hesitation went away. I had erased the code and the engine light stayed off since then. However, today the light came back on and the engine had some noticeable lag and hesitation. With the plugs and coils, what are the most other likely causes for a P0304 since the same code is now back?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
» Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dam shits gettin tuff around here i figured the lack of traffic lately would grant some leniency i guess not lol.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

[MENTION=74087]lethal6[/MENTION] Cary, it looks like Op posted and then edited. This won't change title of thread still, just the post. I've updated the thread title.

Op, have you pulled the spark plug in cylinder 4 to check the condition of it? I'd start there.

When's the last time you replaced the plug wires?

Last edited:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dam s***s gettin tuff around here i figured the lack of traffic lately would grant some leniency i guess not lol.
Leniency is one thing, but if we have no clue what is going on or what they are working on, we can't begin to help. It's a waste of time for anyone involved.

My post was put down when the thread had no usable information in it. All it said was something about a code and nothing else. OP, as was found by [MENTION=37536]XpL0d3r[/MENTION](Shaun) changed the title and added information to the thread to make it usable. NOW everyone can move forward with helping.

Thanks for looking out though. Appreciate it.

[MENTION=74087]lethal6[/MENTION] Cary, it looks like Op posted and then edited. This won't change title of thread still, just the post. I've updated the thread title.

Op, have you pulled the spark plug in cylinder 4 to check the condition of it? I'd start there.

When's the last time you replaced the plug wires?
Good catch. OP, follow this advice first. Then report back.

Last edited: