P1263 check engine light code

Shahzad Laghari

Greetings all members,

This is my first post to any forum, so you can consider me as newbie,therefore, I apologize for any rule violation of this forum . Well coming to my problem, I got check engine light ON a week ago. I pulled that code manually was (38) and with ELM327 is P1263 (saying unknown code/ Manufacture ). All these code dont have any defination on the internet other then one site , which is so confusing to me http://p1263.enginetroublecode.com/honda-civic ,

Let me tell you briefly:
Light History:
Initially Check Light was there for while and went off by the time , and that happen couple of time, Now it is ON continuously.

Physical/Mechanical impact due to P1263 on vehical :
stay and fluctuating at 4000 RPM, mean doesnt go further, where it should go to 5000 RPM and stay. That is what i realize.

I found on internet and mention link as well ,

Honda Civic P1263 Engine Trouble Code
When you check Honda Civic car engine light came on code P1263 the reason should be Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light). However Honda manufacturer may have a different definition for the P1263 OBD-II Diagnostic Powertrain (P) Trouble Code. So you should chech it on our car models.

Honda Civic P1263 OBD-II Diagnostic Powertrain (P) Trouble Code Description
Honda Civic car P1263 OBD-II Trouble Code Cylinder #3 High To Low Side Short is one of the definitions for the P1263; however your vehicles manufacturer may have a different definition for the P1263 code. Please check below for your specific
Reason For Honda Civic P1263 Code
The reason of Honda Civic P1263 OBD-II Engine Trouble Code is P1263 Cylinder #3 High To Low Side Short.

Car Make: Honda
Model: Civic VTI
Gen: 7th
Year: 2003
Engine: D16Y
Transmission: Auto

please help me out if there is any DIY

RC2904

5+ Year Member
I believe the fuel injector on cylinder 3 is having a problem. You could swap the injectors around. Then if the problem moves to a different cylinder (will give a different code) replace the injector. If the problem stays at cyl 3 maybe a wiring short or dirty connectors or something. On that note, cleaning the connectors and making sure they are plugged in good and secure may alleviate the problem as well. Good luck.

Shahzad Laghari

Hi again

Well, i swap fuel injectors , no success , then i decide to see VTEC solenoid

History:
I had D16W in my car with 3 stage Vtec (i.e with two solenoid heads + two wire). The engine was blownup during a long drive due to over heating. so i went to mechanic ask him for new one (at that time i was also newbie for Honda 's engine D series), i just ask him which is good one D16 or D17 he said D17 has more HPs than D16 and that will fit in with auto transmission. I though mechanic is expert enough, so decision was made on D17A and he installed it.

After installation i realized that it has only one solenoid with single wire. there was absolutely no match with ECU/PCM. so Check engine light was there. Then he asked a car electrician to solve that problem, for solution he pulled out old VTEC 3 stage solenoid (with 2 caps on it) and screwed with bode some where and take one red wire and connected to the red wire and other one (i dont remember the color of other wire ) to new builtin solenoid , and check engine light went off.

after 2 years check engine light came up with same solenoid code a week ago.

i checked the builtin solenoid (JDM single cap) function properly, and other one which is screwed with bolt has something wrong , and when i put that red wire (that i mentioned earlier in the post) put to ground check engine light goes off, but i think that will cause more problem in long run

long story short:
is there any way to swap 3 stage VTEC solenoid to jdm VTEC without replacing ECU ( i mean any HACK)

please help me out how can i resolve this issue once for all , is there any link from where i can get help to resolve the issue

Thanks