painted my interior

wdwalker

only blown the intake air
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check the link in my sig, it shows all the mods ive done so far. i replaced the gauge cluster, got bored with the non-lit 130mph cluster, and put in an integra gauge cluster. 150mph speedo, amber needles. its a lot better laid out, and looks better too.

freekaingjon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i did a good job on my paint job then will the paint still come off when i use something sharp to sratch at it?

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
definitely if u use something sharp and intentionally scratch at it... but it shouldnt come off under normal use if u do it right.

jakksquat

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey all i just painted my brn dash and door panels in my 92 lx 4 door. it turned out really nice. the dash looks new. you have to know how to handel a spray can and take your time. also i baught a some new vinal paint made espically for car interiors. it was at my local homedepot and all in all the car looks really nice inside.

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tru dat... it'll look really good done right, but it all just depends on the quality of paint u use and quality of the job u do. thats what makes the difference.

leftlaneb*tch

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jakksquat said:
hey all i just painted my brn dash and door panels in my 92 lx 4 door. it turned out really nice. the dash looks new. you have to know how to handel a spray can and take your time. also i baught a some new vinal paint made espically for car interiors. it was at my local homedepot and all in all the car looks really nice inside.
UHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:nopics:

Reallynicecivic

Trance = Reallynicecivic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
48 hours
28.5 cans of spray paint
$75 worth of materials can only add up to only one thing.

One word. FlatBlack

Oops. I forgot. Inside the car , not outside. hehe

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Reallynicecivic said:
48 hours
28.5 cans of spray paint
$75 worth of materials can only add up to only one thing.

One word. FlatBlack

Oops. I forgot. Inside the car , not outside. hehe
O i love flat black...got any pics??

freekaingjon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
28 spray cans? how did u end up using so much? i used about 6? and then i got tired of using so much paint so i just sprayed alot at a time and it seems to save paint. ahhaah. my paint cans cost me around 4-5 bucks each... how did u only spend 75 bucks? post pics too plz

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
freekaingjon said:
28 spray cans? how did u end up using so much? i used about 6? and then i got tired of using so much paint so i just sprayed alot at a time and it seems to save paint. ahhaah. my paint cans cost me around 4-5 bucks each... how did u only spend 75 bucks? post pics too plz
auto zone has cheap but good paint for $0.99 a can

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mycarisslow said:
hey its not bad. i want to do the inside black, someone write up a diy?
ok here it is:

get duplicolor or plastikote vinyl dye from autozone, pepboys, advance auto, etc.
take out your interior panels (refer to haynes manual or honda manual, theres a thread in archived diy's that links to them)
clean them with simple green or some other cleaner to insure paint adherence
paint in 3-5 LIGHT!!!! coats using even, sweeping motions
let it dry, the vinyl dye stuff takes under 5-10 mins. it dries really fast
put it back in and admire (oh and take back out and touch up every once in a while to take care of scratches)