painting interior trim?....

coupe2001

5+ Year Member
I was wondering what it would look like if i painted the interior trim pieces.......would it look to cheap?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah, honestly. i think its a waste of time...

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Depends on the paint and the colors.

Anyone have any choices of paint for this job? My brother has an EF and the interior has bits of dark gray/brown in the interior, specially some of the dash. It looks like s**t and I want to see if I can convince him to paint it black.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It really depends on which pieces and what color you go with. I have the trim piece around my shifter painted to match the color of my car, I think it looks pretty good.
I also used to have the plastic gauge bezel and outer vents painted the same color, that looked like s**t though.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not a bad idea in theory but it almost always comes out looking terrible

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Look through the search option, there are like 5 or so examples.
They look like ahole.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
try painting plastic and see if you like the outcome and quality.

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
didnt work? I Thought it was lokin good man.:shock:
didn't turn out like I wanted it to. Some parts took paint very well while some other parts failed epically. Only course of action is the interior swap now. Will look nice when i'm done. Picking up front rsx seats to match later this month too :d

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Painting interior pieces is just like doing drugs..

...juts don't do it.

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
didn't turn out like I wanted it to. Some parts took paint very well while some other parts failed epically. Only course of action is the interior swap now. Will look nice when i'm done. Picking up front rsx seats to match later this month too :d

sucks man,
well to the OP DJ and the rest of these commnts seem pretty valid.. there is your answer

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you paint just paint some very small. I painted the trim around the shifter because it was really faded and the silver paint was peeled off. Here's a pic:

I think it looks good.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Latin, how did you get that piece off? Mines peeling as well...
Well you pretty much have to take the whole center console off. Then under the shifter, on the boot, the trim has some plastics tabs on it. So you have to push them out and the trim pops out. its easier if you have two people pushing on the tabs to pop it out.