Parts questions

DaddyLong98EX

Hey guys first time TC here just got a few questions I was wonderin if someone could help me out with. So I'm finally able to start buying some here and there's for my car, now eventually I'm going to be swapping a B18 under the hood but that's a little ways off. My questions are, for the time being what are some parts I can buy now that I can move over after the swap. Also can I get a short shifter for the D16 and put it into the B18. Thanks for the help guys

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm gonna be "the bad guy" here, and tell you that the reason you've had 16 views, and 0 responses, is because most of us are tired of telling people to search. Every single thing you asked can easily be answered with minimal research and EFFORT.

Google is your friend.

So as not to get called a big ol meanie poo-poo head, I will give you a taste of what searching will give you; D-series and B-series parts are not interchangeable.
:spoonfed:

Have a great day, and good luck

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2 (I miss my "real" internet :(

DaddyLong98EX

Well thanks for clearing that up for me man. You fell short on the not trying to be a douche thing though just so you know. So I guess it's my turn to try not to be one, I wouldn't of come here to ask if I could of found it myself, I'm not 2 I know what looking something means and how to.

Darth_Civic

I would say if you want to buy parts (instead of saving for your swap and starting there) should be suspension or wheels tires that sort of thing because you will be changing most everything with the swap

Alex_fl05

So you're asking what else can you buy to mod your car while you aint doing the swap or what parts do you need to throw in this swap 'put' together?

DaddyLong98EX

Thank you guys Honda I guess basically cleared it up I was seeing if there was anything I could get for my D motor that would beef it up that I could take over when I get my B series. I've got my supension setup ready just waiting for the answer bout the motor. Thanks again fellas I think that about covers it

mikekh10a

Registered VIP
To be honest nothing really swaps over easily. Only things are the intake (for the most part) and catback exhausts. Aftermarket header wont swap over

DaddyLong98EX

Yeah that was the only other question I had on it anymore was if I could do like my exhaust or short ram. Thanks again guys really do appreciate it

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Keep your car bone stock until the swap. I/H/E is not worth it on a D-Series. You're paying for noise.