1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Passenger foot well huge leak above / behind ECU

Discussion in '5th Generation Honda Civic (1992-1995)' started by da93eg, Oct 22, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. da93eg

da93eg New Member

Ive got a huge leak in my passenger footwell when it rains. I took the a-pillar cover off and ran water over the sunroof and can see it going down the tube and it appears fine. I dont have a glove box so it makes things a little easier to see but with the heater core in there its still not great. Its definatley not comming in through the blower motor. I re-did the cowl foam and tried to caulk it but with the amount of rain we have it all rinsed away.

Its a 1993 SI

Any one have any ideas? I heard there was an issue with seam sealer, but cant find much info on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the GF is getting pretty pissed about this and it might mean ill have to get a new car if I cant get this sorted.

2. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Use a garden hose to determine where the water is entering.

It's unclear whether you actually ruled out the sunroof.