Passenger power window issue

artythekid

Okay I'll try to make this as short and simple as possible. 97 Civic EX coupe stock D16. Problem: passenger power window stuck down. Passenger window used to work np. Now it went down wont go up. After a few days I cant even hear the motor when trying to go down. Cant hear it going up. Master switch works with driver window but not passenger. Rly need this window fixed!

So far I have checked fuses with a testlamp and all are good. I started ripping apart the door trying to find a break in any of the wire. Traced the wire from the switch, into the inner door, out the door behind the fender and into the chassis of thr car. All the wires are good and actually look clean and in nice condition.

So I guess my question is where do I go from here? Should I try buying a new passenger switch I found for 14.99? Or is it possible my window motor? Wiriing issue? What you guys think?

artythekid

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

and i even respliced all the wires that go into that box thing inside the door. it looked nasty and had gunk all in it so figured maybe thats the problem but no go

Im_Expired

You dug deeper than you actually needed to go. Replace window motor. Your problem will be fixed. Good way to test the motor, jump the + and - on the motor plug using some jump wires.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did you pull the boot back from the door plug and check the wires? Most common problem is the wires pull out of the pins inside the plug, this causes intermittent/non working windows or locks. If you did check that then it's most likely the motor is bad and you should test it like the previous poster said, doesn't matter which wire goes which way because one way is reverse then you flip the wires and the motor runs the other way

Turboghost

Didn't see this on your post so did you check for power and ground at the motor. I wouldn't start looking for broken wires or changing parts till you know whether your getting good power and ground at that motor. If you have power bothe ways (i think thats only got 2 wire's to the motor) make sure they switch polarity when you change direction on the switch, then your motor is done. Check you window reg to make sure it is free and easy moving just incase that fried your motor.