Performance chips legit?

Bigmeech45

Dude up from the local rim warehouse here build hondas etc, he said "I s*** u not bro this gonna sound like bulls*** but for 25 bucks go on ebay and buy one of those chips that s*** will give u 35hp and more mpg iwas getting 48 mpg in my hatch" no bulls***.

So would just like some advice for you guys if you've had any experience with these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUEL-SAVING-PERFORMANCE-CHIP-FOR-HONDA-CIVIC-1988-2012-/141179461818?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make:Honda&hash=item20def3a0ba

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That guy is probably the one selling those. Don't bother with them, waste of money.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If anything it will probably damage your car.

He probably keeps "building Hondas" because he keeps blowing up his previous ones.

Tell him you bought a "performance chip" and got 40 hp out of it. Then when he says "told you man!" just tell him "I was joking, you're a f***ing idiot."

Bigmeech45

he told me a tmp, i couldnt find it on ebay lol thats the closest i found was just wondering s**t looked iffy to me rofl.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
He's either stupid of full of s**t.

Or both.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have some ocean front property in Arkansas id like to sell you.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
You only see gains if you combine it with those electric superchargers, lol

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All you need to do is look at the feedback from the eBay seller above. If you click on the negative reviews and read them a lot of people are saying that it is just a resistor. If you look at all the positive reviews, they all say "fast shipping, can't wait to install."

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you think about it, these chips are supposed to increase the efficiency of your ECU, allowing your car to make better use of its mechanics, resulting in better performance.

If you can gain an extra 35hp and extra mpgs, for no extra money, why wouldn't Honda just do it from the factory? It's all a scam.