NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dyl415X said:
Any idea as to how my car would turn out if I took it off?

They might come out well, but photographs are a poor repesentation anyway. The best way to even be able to tell would probably be to compare your car's paint to the freshest stock black paintjob you can find.

Dyl415X

never enough
5+ Year Member
what would you recommend besides rubbing compound to help get the line off?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
justinwebb said:
can you buy replacement pin stripes anywhere?
Yes. Or you can get them painted on like mine.

Just peel them off if you want them off. You won't know if they don't match until after you peel them off. Some cars will have lines... some won't. Just go peel them off and fine out. You won't need anything until you find out you do have them.

Rubbing compound doesn't seem to work (at least not all the time). A professionaly machine detail should be able to possibly remove the marks though.

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I removed part of mine and theres you can only see were it was if you really look for it. I plan on removing the rest in the spring.

asilram

5+ Year Member
adding pinstripe

I just bought a 97 civic ex and the right quarter panel is missing the thin double pinstripe that is on the rest of the car. I would like to add pinstriping to it to match the rest. Is this possible?? (ie finding a match, etc) I fear if I remove the existing pinstriping it will be noticable. The car is painted cypress green pearl. However, the paint on the replaced quarter panel and replaced bumper match with the rest of the car. It is because of the pinstripping that I know the whole car was not painted when the quarter panel and bumper was replaced. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks

JCCLARK

The Painter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A "pure" wax won't clean, but most waxes on the store shelves have some polish in them and clean
quite good. Most are geared toward older finishes and that's a tip-off that they have polish in them.
The ones that don't have polish generally advertise as "pure wax"

For removal of pin stripes use what the body shops use, a stripe remover wheel.
They're not expensive, they look like a rubber wheel and work like a big eraser
you can mount to a drill and it takes them and the glue right off

they're on Ebay under $10.00

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=astro+eraser&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_sop=15&_odkw=eraser+wheel&_osacat=0

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just bought a 97 civic ex and the right quarter panel is missing the thin double pinstripe that is on the rest of the car. I would like to add pinstriping to it to match the rest. Is this possible?? (ie finding a match, etc) I fear if I remove the existing pinstriping it will be noticable. The car is painted cypress green pearl. However, the paint on the replaced quarter panel and replaced bumper match with the rest of the car. It is because of the pinstripping that I know the whole car was not painted when the quarter panel and bumper was replaced. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks
first post fail
A "pure" wax won't clean, but most waxes on the store shelves have some polish in them and clean
quite good. Most are geared toward older finishes and that's a tip-off that they have polish in them.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=astro+eraser&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_sop=15&_odkw=eraser+wheel&_osacat=0
double fail

asilram, start a new thread with your question instead of posting in a 2-1/2 year old thread about removing pin stripes.

jcclark... youre not an 09er, you should be better at this :slap:

Last edited:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just got to an auto parts store and look at the pinstriping. Ask if you can bring it out to match it up to your car to make sure it's the same color/size.

Wax doesn't clean. "Cleaner waxes" clean. I'm not a fan of cleaner waxes.

Even after removing the stripe there might be a mark where it used to be.

asilram

5+ Year Member
first post fail

double fail

asilram, start a new thread with your question instead of posting in a 2-1/2 year old thread about removing pin stripes.

jcclark... youre not an 09er, you should be better at this :slap:
jcclark, i think i joined clubcivic awhile back (evidently from your response) but havent asked a question until now. when i tried to start a new thread the site would not allow me. i need to investigate into it when i got time. thats why i submitted my question where i did. sorry. any input you could give would be appreciated. asilram