PLEASE HELLPP!!!! b16b ej8

dropthathammer2

sooo i have just blew my top end on my b16b. i was wondering if its safe,possible and how would the gains be to put a b18c5 head on a b16b bottom endd.... PLEASE SOME ONE WITH REAL KNOWLEDGE!:lol: CAN YOU HELP ME OUT>>>!!!!!!

Elton

from what i seen b18 head is worse ?

Elton

o b18c5 i was thinking of just the normal b18c in the gsr's

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
do you have a b16b or a b16a

they all have the same head, only differences are the cams,valvetrain and a mild port on the CTR/ITR

it will make more power is the short answer

how did you "blow" your top end and not have damage to anything else

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Swapping heads won't make much of a difference from what I understand. As stated before, the only real differences in the heads themselves is a mild port for GSR and ITR heads. You'd make a tiny amount of power (I think a 1-2hp gain), but not enough to constitute the price difference.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
b16a head will do fine and cost a lot less than b18c5 head. is any of the b16b head salvagable?

dropthathammer2

do you have a b16b or a b16a

they all have the same head, only differences are the cams,valvetrain and a mild port on the CTR/ITR

it will make more power is the short answer

how did you "blow" your top end and not have damage to anything else
i have a b16b bottom end and a b16a top end with ctr cams and valve train. and theres a loud knockin in the top end. im doin a compression test this weeken to see if anything is wrong with the bottom end

dropthathammer2

Swapping heads won't make much of a difference from what I understand. As stated before, the only real differences in the heads themselves is a mild port for GSR and ITR heads. You'd make a tiny amount of power (I think a 1-2hp gain), but not enough to constitute the price difference.
ya i was thinking the same thing. i would love to kpower my ride but thats just a big dream. k20a tho not this us shitt

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you have a loud knocking i wouldn't try to perform a compression test. it might do more damage. it sounds like you need to just go ahead and pull the head and see how extensive the damage is.