2001civic ex 5 sp, wont start

MarkyMark717

I am really stumped on this one guys, I am trying to sell my 2001 civic ex 1.7 and now It wont start up

So originally someone came to look at it to buy it and It failed to start up minutes before they got here, I started it up and drove it around neighborhood every couple days before this. we noticed the main ground wires and negative cable from battery needed to be replaced so after doing so it wouldn't start up right away until I smacked the starter one time and then we were good. from then on it started up right away with no struggle or hesitation at all.

so 2 or 3 weeks go by with me doing the same thing, driving it every few days because I'm trying to sell. So It happens again and 15 mins before someone comes to look at it, it fails to start.

so It has plenty of juice, windows, lights, radio, everything works. just did not want to even try to crank. so next I replaced the starter (remanufactured) , now before doing so I checked the clutch interlock safety switch,

so now with a new starter, nothing has changed and the results are the same, I checked the spark plugs for spark and I don't see anything in any of them. could that be the issue? would all plugs be bad like that?

I believe my main starter relay is working because I can here the fuel pump making noise when I turn the key

and I also cleaned up and tightened any and all other grounds under the hood.
still does not crank at all, all my lights on the dash come on and that's all that happens

sorry about the book but I really need some help on this one guys

Last edited:

MarkyMark717

I have done that already too and even used my wife's battery from her car

MarkyMark717

I have done so many little things messing with this car it's hard to try and remember all of them I'm sorry if I didn't put it all out there, I guess the only other thing I did was testing that my ignition is also getting power to the starter when the key is turned,