Please really need help 00civic dx with d16y8 swap blew replaced with d15b7 having trouble

Mh2017

Throwing crank position sensor code and d4 light blinking don't know what to do switched distributor from y8 to b7 used original DX ecu and harness not the ecu or harness from y8 or b7, put the crank position sensor in the b7 since it didn't have one, used my original DX throttle body intake manifold an fuel rail original DX transmission I'm in over my head an need help feel so close any suggestions would be appreciated

Mh2017

Sounds like you still have the stock D16Y8 ECU, which is not a good match for the D15B7 engine.

I think you mean CEL code for Crank Fluctuation sensor (CKF) near the timing gear.

The blinking D4 light means the ECU is detecting a transmission issue. Is there a transmission CEL code too?

In summary, the engine swap was sloppy and poorly thought out.
The ecu I used wasn't the one for the y8 because the y8 was vtech so we used the original harness an ecu that came with the car which was a d16y7 now I'm downgrading because there were no available engines for months an this is our family's only car so we bought the d15b7 which I was told is the replacement for the y8 and would work jus advised to use DX harness crank position sensor and ecu that's what I did trust my for a do it yourself job I've cut no corners an farthest from sloppy. My brother in law is hooking up his scanner today to actually figure out what's going on thanks for your input though it was appreciated