1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

plug wire keeps popping up

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by slod16, Sep 6, 2009.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. slod16

slod16 New Member 5+ Year Member

my spark plug wire keeps on pupping up on my number 3 cylinder the plug is real tight ne 1 knos what causes this?in will it be a bad idea to seafoam through my booster with 171000 miles on my motor i kno the person befor me took it to wal mert for there fuel cleaning through the booster so i figure this wouldnt hurt but not sure if seafoam is more powerful

2. RonJ

RonJ Banned

Probably a bad/leaking spark plug tube seal in the valve cover. This also suggests high crankcase pressure, which may be due to bad piston rings. Are you burning oil?

3. slod16

no im not burning oil in its runnin alrite i just cant get it to stay tight but it stays on the plug

4. RonJ

RonJ Banned

Is there some engine oil on the end of #3 plug wire that pops up? If so, replace the valve cover seals for the plug tubes and the plug wires. Again, this may be a sign of high crankcase pressure caused by blow-by gas.

5. slod16

yeah i checked for that in i replaced them the other day in its burnt at the bottom