Pop hood switch disable on my Ej1

KiDxTrUe

5+ Year Member
Whats up everyone, so my Ej1 has a b20 in it and has pretty much everything modified along with exhaust so its kinda loud but i switch gears early and keep it quiet. I want to disable the hood pop latch from inside the car and possibly relocate it or have access to popping it when ever i want to. All help is appreciated thanks.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to do this?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You can try this link... not sure if they'll help you out or not, but hopefully they can at least point you in the right direction:

http://teamsolcal.com/forum/thread-15340.html

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Telling the police that you can't pop the hood doesn't work. Trust me. They will impound the car if they feel you are running illegal and are purposely hiding s**t. Been there with a buddy and we wound up calling for a ride and he had to pay the impound fees, tow fees, PLUS the fines from the officer AND the tow fees out because he couldn't drive it away...all because he was trying to be hard and tried to resist.

Same thing as telling them that you can't pop the trunk if they think you are hiding something back there. They will find a way in one way or another or they will impound the car, get a warrant, and do it that way.

Relocating the cable, however is a very common thing people do to stop thieves from just gaining access to the hood through the cable running through the fender liner. No need to get into the car unless they don't know where the cable is rerouted to.

There is also the electronic popper, just like all the new cars have.

KiDxTrUe

5+ Year Member
Telling the police that you can't pop the hood doesn't work. Trust me. They will impound the car if they feel you are running illegal and are purposely hiding s***. Been there with a buddy and we wound up calling for a ride and he had to pay the impound fees, tow fees, PLUS the fines from the officer AND the tow fees out because he couldn't drive it away...all because he was trying to be hard and tried to resist.

Same thing as telling them that you can't pop the trunk if they think you are hiding something back there. They will find a way in one way or another or they will impound the car, get a warrant, and do it that way.

Relocating the cable, however is a very common thing people do to stop thieves from just gaining access to the hood through the cable running through the fender liner. No need to get into the car unless they don't know where the cable is rerouted to.

There is also the electronic popper, just like all the new cars have.
Have u relocated one before or done any of that?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can try this link... not sure if they'll help you out or not, but hopefully they can at least point you in the right direction:

http://teamsolcal.com/forum/thread-15340.html

Have u relocated one before or done any of that?
I have relocated a couple cables for people using the link posted. I have also installed door poppers on various vehicles and put an electronic popper in the trunk of the 5th gen I had. Never on a front hood but I would guess that the install would be the same. All it entails is putting in an electronic actuator that pulls the latch instead of a cable.