1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Power door lock actuator problem

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics' started by lasocki, Jun 28, 2013.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. lasocki

lasocki New Member

Installed new actuators in drivers door and passenger door. Problem is they work in opposite direction. When I hit the lock switch the passenger door locks and the driver door unlocks. When I hit the unlock switch the driver door locks and the passenger door unlocks. Can any one help?

2. RonJ

RonJ Banned

Lock/unlock is controlled by the polarity of the wires. Sounds like the two driver-side actuator wires are swapped (or a passenge-side actuator was installed on the driver side?).

3. lasocki

lasocki New Member

It has an aftermarket radio, is it possible that could be the problem.

4. RonJ

RonJ Banned

^Nope

And you haven't mentioned what car you have.

5. lasocki

lasocki New Member

It is a 1996 Civic EX

6. RonJ

RonJ Banned

7. sleeper si

sleeper si New Member Registered VIP

i had that same problem, it turns out that the aftermarket actuators have the wires inversed. so you will need to relocate the wire pins and it will work.
    i did that but then i had a problem with the door locks jamming up, so i took out the little motor from the aftermarket actuators and swapped them into the original old honda actuators and they have been working flawlessly.
    looks like the aftermarket ones still have not been corrected for wrong polarity for the wiring.

8. sleeper si

sleeper si New Member Registered VIP

my investigation why when i switch on the lock switch the doors unlock and why when i switch on unlock the doors lock.

the aftermarket inside switch, you can see that 2 of the pins are soldered. the position of this is different from the OEM one. No wonder the interior dome light didn't light up when you unlock the door :(
    [​IMG]
    OEM one
    [​IMG]

side by side
    [​IMG]

replaced just the motor into the OEM housing
    [​IMG]

side by side comparison
    [​IMG]