Power door lock actuator problem

lasocki

Installed new actuators in drivers door and passenger door. Problem is they work in opposite direction. When I hit the lock switch the passenger door locks and the driver door unlocks. When I hit the unlock switch the driver door locks and the passenger door unlocks. Can any one help?

RonJ

Banned
Lock/unlock is controlled by the polarity of the wires. Sounds like the two driver-side actuator wires are swapped (or a passenge-side actuator was installed on the driver side?).

RonJ

Banned
^Nope

And you haven't mentioned what car you have.

sleeper si

Registered VIP
i had that same problem, it turns out that the aftermarket actuators have the wires inversed. so you will need to relocate the wire pins and it will work.
i did that but then i had a problem with the door locks jamming up, so i took out the little motor from the aftermarket actuators and swapped them into the original old honda actuators and they have been working flawlessly.
looks like the aftermarket ones still have not been corrected for wrong polarity for the wiring.

sleeper si

Registered VIP
my investigation why when i switch on the lock switch the doors unlock and why when i switch on unlock the doors lock.

the aftermarket inside switch, you can see that 2 of the pins are soldered. the position of this is different from the OEM one. No wonder the interior dome light didn't light up when you unlock the door :(

OEM one

side by side

replaced just the motor into the OEM housing

side by side comparison