power window problems!!!!!! Also back door lock is jammed

jonmaltese6thg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay ill start with my window in drivers side,,,, it shifts sideways and has a hard time closing completely,,after it rains if i drop the window completely it would take forever to come back up its like the motor is forcing a s**t load,,,,,,,, any way a back right window has same problem,,,,,*( the glass slightly shifts sideways there for the window becomes much less parallel from the window frame(my door) (FORCING THE MOTOR WAY MORE)its getting worse and i know it will be a HUGE b***h in the winter HELP PLZ SUGGETIONS????? one more thing my left back passenger door lock is jammed and cant be unlocked HELP PLZ u can pull the lock thingie inside as hard as u want and it will never lift up and unlock,, its fukin jammed!!!!!!!

Last edited:

seatowncasper

5+ Year Member
First. use silicon spray and lube both the front and rear window channels. if there is no improvement remove the door panel( easy to do can explain if you need help) check to see if you have a clean track for movement. if lube does not help and the channels are clear it might be time for a regulator.not too expensive and easy to install.second. the door. this is the tricky part.if any part of the inner handle is messed up you will need to buy an inner door lock assembly and an out side handle. the bonus is threre is no lock cylinder. if its screwed the easiset way is to pull up on the out side handle with pliers and break it and go from the outside with a screw driver pry on the link that is connected to the striker(the coat hanger looking rod attached to metal jaw that moves when the door is shut against the metal piece in the door jam. once the door is open, remove the panel and replace the parts and presto.

jonmaltese6thg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok my real concern is my windows the rear side door i coudlt give a damn if it didnt open,,,,,,,,,i dont think lube would fix the problem like i said the window shifts slightly to the side as i play with the switch,,, what about those regulators ????? any links or intructions would be greatly appreciated THANKS in advance