prelude front/rear seats in civic si and srs light

lightpost08

5+ Year Member
i have the opportunity to get some 99 prelude seats in my civic si for a good price, and had a couple questions...

anybody ever sat in a 97-01 prelude? If so, were they comfortable? I currently have an si....so i have si seats, and wanted to know which ones are more comfortable.

when i switch out the seats, won't the seat belt light come on? or can i plug a sensor back in etc?

will the rear seats fit into a civic? I have been searching google, and most people said they wont fit, but one person said they would fit....they said they didn't go in well, but they went in. Anybody have experience, or hear anything about putting 97-01 prelude seats into a civic?

and finally, ive been told to fit them in, i just have to change out the seat rails. Do I use both or only one side?
I guess I'll be using this site for reference: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/3877/rseat.html

anything other comments, please add.

subsonic-civic

5+ Year Member
my dad used to have a 99 lude, SH.
Leather buacket seats. Those were VERY comfortable, huggged ur body when u cornered hard. but those where the leather, not sure how the cloth ones compares.

dj_audio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i consider prelude seats comfortable, can't remember the last time I sat in an Si though, so I can't tell you which are better. Not sure about how well they swap over into civics, never seen it done before first hand.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they're alright

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Any seat is better than EK seats
:word::word::word:

you'll need to swap both sets of rails and brackets. Your si is so clean already dont mess it up by mashing seats in the back of it. I'd keep your back seats and swap the fronts for GSRs or RSX's (which sit pretty high). I guess it really depends on how much ur getting those Prelude seats for...

lightpost08

5+ Year Member
:word::word::word:

you'll need to swap both sets of rails and brackets. Your si is so clean already dont mess it up by mashing seats in the back of it. I'd keep your back seats and swap the fronts for GSRs or RSX's (which sit pretty high). I guess it really depends on how much ur getting those Prelude seats for...
well, i just wanted the front seats, but the guy isn't selling the front and back as a set. he's selling it together for $150.(im going to see if he'll take 140) I figure if I swap them out, I can recover some of the cost by selling the si seats and the rear prelude seats--if they wouldnt fit. I would get some rsx seats, and probably will in the future(when funds accumulate), but i thought $150 was pretty good for some seats(Front and rear)

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't do it, the rears will never fit right and overall it will be downgrading your car. The fronts aren't that much nicer anyways.

Unuzual Kustum

4DR Sleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had Prelude fronts only in my 2000 civic.... Loved them and wish I could get them in my new car.

lightpost08

5+ Year Member
^those are the 92-96 prelude seats i believe. The ones I spoke of are the 97-01 seats. Those look good though

Zee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is your interior black or dark grey? If its black i'd rather go with gsr leather front seats and if its dark grey, gsr cloth seats. you would only have to swap one of the two rails from the stock one to the one your putting in. rsx seats would be a pain in the ass because you would have custom fit them in there and for that to happen you need deep pockets