[Problem] Cooling too must.

Cyber_Shoy

5+ Year Member
I have a Honda Civic ESi 1,6 V-TEC of 1993.

It is thus, when the car was for a simple oil change, the mechanic verified that my radiator was to lose water, but a mínina thing, being that would have to be only one puncture and was enough to weld.
Therefore I took the car to weld the radiator and after all to tinhar all the top of “the rotten” radiator, and in this it was substituted by a new of competition.

From there the car it only heated normally, but when it if encontrabva in relantim. Therefore it did not have air to beat in the radiator. Soon, in course the engine went the cold. But total.

I inquired myself on the radiators and I verified that what the man had there rank was a little thicker, and therefore I complained the man and placed me (this, today) a radiator with the size of the original.

But in progress it continues to lower, not of this time until zero. But almost there.

About this I think that the problem can come of the thermostat. Of it to want to be to damage.

They can confirm me will be same this the problem.
E where the thermostat meets. It is that I do not know, exactly where he is situated. E more or less its price.

Thanks a lot, I wait for reply.

mosaic_hardflip

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Easier to Read
I have a 1993 Honda Civic ESi 1,6 V-TEC

i took my car in for an oil change and the mechanic told me that my radiator had a leak. this wasnt a problem since it only had a small hole that could be repaired. so i took the car to the radiator shop and he told me that the top of the radiator was bad and it was then replaced with an aftermarket one.

after that everything was good, the car heated normally "but when it got cold" (assumed that is what "encontrabva in relantim" meant) it cooled too much and the engine temp dropped really low.

i went back and found out the one he put in was actuall thicker..so i complained until he put one that was exactly the same as the old one.

got it in and it still is too cold but better than the other.

i then thought it was a bad thermostat

do u think that is the problem???? and i am not sure where it is or how much it costs.
Thanks a lot, I will wait for a reply.
CLIFFS:
bad radiator
get new aftermarket one
now it wont get warm
find out its thicker than the original
go back and get one that was the same size
still wont get warm
possible T stat prob.
what u think?

its possible its your thermostat that would casue it to take a long time to get warm especially if its cold ....

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't understand your situation...
You're worried cus your car stays too cold?

Ps91

5+ Year Member
Newer radiators come "heavy-duty" and are thicker than original. This is OK. I have one in mine. Only replace thermostat with original Honda parts.