Problem getting radio serial number

tedayvas

5+ Year Member
Hi:

I just purchased a used 2009 Honda Civic LX. The car did not come with the radio codes and I cant find the serial number for the radio anywhere. I read another post and it says to use the preset 1 & 6 keys together to get two series of 4 numbers each which wehen used together are the serial number for the radio.

The problem that I am having is that when I push the 1 and 6 preset and turn on the radio, instead of two sets of numbers, I simply get DIAG.

Can anyone help with this one. Is there any other way to get the serial number?

Thanks in advance for your help

Ted

civic09si

5+ Year Member
if i had to guess, call honda tell them your vin# and they might give you the serial numbers your looking for..

pmcd404

Turn ignition on. Hold down radio 'power on' while you press button 1 and 6 at the same time. Should show the radio serial #. Your local dealer can then give you the radio code.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Look through your glovebox and find your service history book. The radio code could be in there. Also look around the inside and outside of the glovebox itself for a white sticker. It will either have a 5 digit number which is the radio code, or it will have a 8 digit number which is the serial number. Good luck.