1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Problem getting radio serial number

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics' started by tedayvas, May 14, 2009.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. tedayvas

tedayvas New Member 5+ Year Member

May 14, 2009
    New York

I just purchased a used 2009 Honda Civic LX. The car did not come with the radio codes and I cant find the serial number for the radio anywhere. I read another post and it says to use the preset 1 & 6 keys together to get two series of 4 numbers each which wehen used together are the serial number for the radio.

The problem that I am having is that when I push the 1 and 6 preset and turn on the radio, instead of two sets of numbers, I simply get DIAG.

Can anyone help with this one. Is there any other way to get the serial number?

Thanks in advance for your help

2. civic09si

civic09si New Member 5+ Year Member

Apr 4, 2009
    if i had to guess, call honda tell them your vin# and they might give you the serial numbers your looking for..
  3. pmcd404

pmcd404 New Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Palm Harbor Florida
    Turn ignition on. Hold down radio 'power on' while you press button 1 and 6 at the same time. Should show the radio serial #. Your local dealer can then give you the radio code.
  4. matt96ex

matt96ex 3 pedals ftw Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Oct 17, 2006
    Look through your glovebox and find your service history book. The radio code could be in there. Also look around the inside and outside of the glovebox itself for a white sticker. It will either have a 5 digit number which is the radio code, or it will have a 8 digit number which is the serial number. Good luck.