Problem - Tranny

irawkian_EK9

I accidently dropped a Socket into speed sensor hole and now its rattling around inside.... I was wondering if I took it apart do I need to get new gaskets or whatever? I need to get that socket out so I can put the transmission back in.. I tried movee the tranny around hoping the socket would come back to the hole but that didnt work...

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I accidently dropped a Socket into speed sensor hole and now its rattling around inside.... I was wondering if I took it apart do I need to get new gaskets or whatever? I need to get that socket out so I can put the transmission back in.. I tried movee the tranny around hoping the socket would come back to the hole but that didnt work...
you dont need a new gasket, but you will need a rtv silicone to seal it. remove basically all the bolts on the outside, there will be 3 that need to be removed, and then the like 14 12mm bolts, the mount needs to be removed also. then using a prybar pop the case open at the two spots. be careful here though, there are two guide dowels and the case has very litle clearance inside. a bearing actually presses into the top of the case. but it should pop open then

to put back together clean the surfaces really good, rtv all around. at bolt holes go around both sides. then bolt back together using the right torque specs and sequence