Progress Coilovers on EG.

RobDingo

Hey guys I'm looking into progress coilovers for my EG8 but I don't know to much about them, so please give me your opinions and pictures of people's EGs on progress coils thanks.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whats your plans for your "EG8" or more or less your EH?

RobDingo

It's my Daily Driven really, just really want good ride really and nice stance. No track stuff or racing. Haha

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go for the progress of Function and forms if you want something cheap Koni Yellows and Ground control if you've got the cash.

Frodo whats with you and your stupid sig. I wouldn't be surprised if his car is an EG8, I know mine is, first 6 characters in my vin are JHMEG8 There are many EG's in the US, so no my EG is not an EH. Just saying cuz your sig bother me everytime I see it for some reason lol

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go for the progress of Function and forms if you want something cheap Koni Yellows and Ground control if you've got the cash.

Frodo whats with you and your stupid sig. I wouldn't be surprised if his car is an EG8, I know mine is, first 6 characters in my vin are JHMEG8 There are many EG's in the US, so no my EG is not an EH. Just saying cuz your sig bother me everytime I see it for some reason lol
To make you feel special. Is this the dash vin, door jam, or engine bay tag? Trims available in the hatchback body style were the CX, DX, VX (EH2) and Si (EH3) for the U.S. market.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We both have sedans which are EG9 or EG8 in Japan and can be EG8 in the US if its an LX or DX. Both the Dash and the firewall vin say it. "Therefore your EG is an EH unless you have a del sol or a non EX sedan" is what your sig should say :stick:

Where you live un the Bay Rob?

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We both have sedans which are EG9 or EG8 in Japan and can be EG8 in the US if its an LX or DX. Both the Dash and the firewall vin say it. "Therefore your EG is an EH unless you have a del sol or a non EX sedan" is what your sig should say :stick:

You still didn't answer my question but I understand your avoiding it. Just for you i have changed my Sig to a link to get your learn on.

OP just about all budget coilovers are going to be a little adjustable as far as to soft or to firm I would suggest just hunting for the best used or new not installed deal you can find if you just want the look of a lowered car.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's on the Dash and its in the firewall. I figured I didn't need to answer your question because I just explained to you that USDM DX and LX sedans are EG8's. Heres an easier link that so that you can get your learn on. Just scroll down to the chassis codes section.
http://www.clubcivic.com/index.php?pageid=specs5

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That chart is for all 5th gens not ones made for the USDM. So that link is by far better then mine I would be curious what your 11th digit is.

RobDingo

Yeah mine is a LX and I in Vallejo

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whats your 11th digit? I would be curious to see what factory it came from. It might be because you two are on the east coast. Of the hundreds of hondas I have worked on or been around I have never seen a EG, EK, EF, etc vin code besides a legit imported one.

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I personally wouldn't go with Function forms though i've never tried the type 2...but the type 1 isn't that good, just my opinion. It's too bouncy. Koni/GC would be good. I got Tokico illiminas with skunk2 coil over, really nice and smooth.

Decipher

Registered VIP
I bought the competition series II's about 4 months ago. I have to buy some batteries for my camera, but I'll throw some pictures of my ride height on here later today.

I can tell you that, depending on how low you plan on riding with them, you'll probably want to go with the stiffer spring setups that they offer. I went with the 350/250 but I think I'll be opting for the 500ft/lb springs up front and putting the 350s in the rear soon.

Other than that I have really been satisfied with them so far. I'm lowered about 3" up front, about 2.5" in the rear. For the price and the quality, I've been happy with my purchase.

Decipher

Registered VIP

Since these pictures were taken I've lowered the ride about another 1/4" - 1/2" all around. And, there's still another 1" - 1.5" to go on the sleeves... plenty of low left. Again, for the price, Progress CSIIs are a great set.