Project HX: Efficient Style

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is my '97 Civic HX I purchased with the primary intent of having a reliable fuel efficient vehicle with inexpensive maintenance costs. I prefer hatchbacks, but the HXs efficiency at 115hp with respectable mileage for the price I negotiated couldnt be passed. Im not a fan of the matte black look, so it will be changed in time. I'll strive to make it stylishly simple and comfortable while maintaining fuel efficiency.

Red Tinted Stock Tail Lights

'02 RSX Type-S muffler: A nice polished tip & subtle sound upgrade assisted by a Magnaflow header/cat.

Interior: '02 Insight Seats, Black Carpet, Custom Black Mats with Charcoal edging, Ichibahn Shifter & Pedals, Black Vinyl Armrest & Black Vinyl Door Inserts.

Black Vinyl Ceiling Liner

Green LED Gauge Cluster (it looks more evenly dispersed in person)

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Subscribed to watch this. Looks really clean and well done.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Other than the rear looking like it is much lower than the front but a bad pick up. I really like.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Other than the rear looking like it is much lower than the front but a bad pick up. I really like.
Reverse rake is so annoying. That's how my car sits. It bugs the s**t out of me.

Nice pick up :thumbs up.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Reverse rake is so annoying. That's how my car sits. It bugs the s*** out of me.
Nice pick up :thumbs up.
The angle of the picture is giving the illusion that the rear is lower than the front. Theyre even. That reverse rake is best left for that '30s chop top look. Civics are far from that look.

Thanks for the complements so far.

mikekh10a

Registered VIP
i'm digging those insight seats, how do they sit? low to the ground like del sol seats or high like gsr?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm digging those insight seats, how do they sit? low to the ground like del sol seats or high like gsr?
The rear of the rails sit slightly lower than the front which gives the seats more of a bucket feel that I really like. With that said, I cant really tell if they sit higher or lower than stock but they are very comfortable.

CO671

Registered VIP
How rare are Honda Insight seats? those are really nice!.
The only thing that bugs me about the black headliner is that it doesn't blend with the sunvisors and other interior colors.
Personally, I was wondering how black plastidip would hold up on plastic interior parts and was debating on doing some plastidipping. Maybe if you want to experiment try that out since you can rip it back off if it doesn't satisfy.

Really clean, and simple build going on, I dig it.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How rare are Honda Insight seats? those are really nice!.
Theyre quite uncommon to find out there, but its the 2nd set Ive owned. The 1st were purchased from a honda yard that I installed in my previous '89 CRX Si & have liked them since then.

The only thing that bugs me about the black headliner is that it doesn't blend with the sunvisors and other interior colors.
I disagree. The carpet, floor mats & arms rest are also black. I'll also be wrapping the door inserts in black vinyl soon. The light gray visors match with the stock light gray upper trims & the light gray on the front seats. I will admit that I'm still uncertain on what color scheme to go with when I reupholster the front & rear seats. Im currently leaning towards charcoal & black.

Personally, I was wondering how black plastidip would hold up on plastic interior parts and was debating on doing some plastidipping. Maybe if you want to experiment try that out since you can rip it back off if it doesn't satisfy.
I doubt the plastic dip with work very well on interior parts exposed to high traffic. It would be a good way to test out a color scheme before committing to it.

Really clean, and simple build going on, I dig it.
Thanks!

aeraiva

Dedicated Civic Owner
Another 97 HX owner >.< Totally love what you've done to it. Even with that matte black paint job lol.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Another 97 HX owner >.< Totally love what you've done to it. Even with that matte black paint job lol.
Thanks, buddy.

FYI, I updated the panoramic interior shot to show the reupholstered black vinyl door inserts. I included some padding for added comfort.

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U p d a t e

Gunmetal painted Side Moldings for a subtle touch...

Gunmetal painted Headlight housings...

Installed Integra Map Lights with LED SMD bulbs...

Custom built Subwoofer Box securely attached to the frame for security...

Clean D16Y5 Engine Bay...

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U p d a t e

Its in the process of being painted and I'm doing all the prep work. My friend who has a shop is helping & teaching me the entire process.

OEM antenna & fender dent, be gone!