Puddle vs Civic....

Lilredrocket

5+ Year Member
So, i was driving down the highway this morning. It was storming pretty damn bad, so i was going about 45mph in a 55. My passenger and I were just having a nice conversation, enjoying the rain and the ride. When suddenly, I hit a puddle, me nor my pass. saw... the ass end wanted to go one way and the front end the other, i handled it very well, Didn't wreck or even leave my lane. Great outcome to what could of happened. so i wake up this morning and go to leave, and what do I notice?

Only thing i can figure out is it caught the splash guard and yanked the screws out :(

mahalo

formerly egninesallday
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not bad could have been alot worse good thing you guys didnt wreck

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So do you need help fixing it? Is that why its in the Tech section?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea I agree with Dcraabe, if there is no actual question, I will move this to off-topic. If you need help setting it back, we will need more detailed pictures.

Lilredrocket

5+ Year Member
So do you need help fixing it? Is that why its in the Tech section?
Yes, sorry. Got distracted from when i posted this. But I'll try to get a more detailed picture. I got to looking at it yesterday and it turns out, there is a place on the undercarriage where the panel bolts in, and the hole the bolt goes through was actually torn. Problem is it looks like the bolt is welded in. I'm pretty new to all this so I;m kinda stuck on what to do. Taking it to a body shop right now is out of the question though.

Lilredrocket

5+ Year Member
Tried to get the best pictures I could.

This is what is broken...
[/IMG]

This is where it connects..

[/IMG]

What could i do to fix this without paying an arm and a leg... It seems simple, but i can screw anything up... Just throwing that out there. Any help would be much appreciated

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If you heat the metal up, and bend it back into place, then use something like JB weld and a washer on both sides, it should definitely do the trick.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you heat the metal up, and bend it back into place, then use something like JB weld and a washer on both sides, it should definitely do the trick.
x2