purge valve solenoid location: 02 ex

Dragbike10r

I'm trying to get rid of my cel p1457 evap leak and it said it's the canister purge valve solenoid. I picked one up at autozone and have no idea where it is. It has a plug, two maybe 3/8" spots for lines to go in. I've looked all over google and YouTube and I only see people talking about the purge valve in the back of the car (which I also have to replace in case this doesn't work). But can't find out where this little s**t is.
http://m.autozone.com/emission-control-and-exhaust/canister-purge-valve/duralast-canister-purge-valve/579057_0_12209

It's this right here. Anyone have any idea

Also I forgot my name on here so had to create a new account

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragbike10r

It's bone stock. Just hit 115k I did reset it and it came back. Replaced the fuel cap, and reset it and it came back. I guess it's a long shot that this will fix it. The car seems really loud everyone thinks I have an exhaust system bc if how it sounds. It isles fine and everything but the noise is annoying

Dragbike10r

Sorry it's an 02 ex. No leak I just noticed it was louder when I got the code driving me nuts I can't find the little solenoid haha

NikkiLauda

Thats 100% the solenoid or valve. Change both. They're not above the gas tank but right infront of it. Youll see a black box which is the canister itself and attatched to it are the solenoid and valve. Evap has nothing to do with the exhaust btw.

EricTaylor

01-05 civics are notorious for exhaust manifolds cracking!! Strong possibility that or if you live up north may have a rusted hole in your exhaust somewhere