Question about after painting a car.

Honda904

Hey guys, I was wondering what do you do when you paint your car a different color then it is registered. For example: the car is gloss red and registered on the title and insurance. and I want to paint it a gloss black and both door jams. Once I get it painted do I go to the Tax Collector and tell them I repainted the car from red to black.? and then tell insurance too? And also I heard after painting your car the Tax Collectors office can give you new doorjam stickers? I've googled this and found no help or advice.

Can someone explain the process.

I am located in Florida.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As far as I know, it doesn't matter.

Could be wrong though. Bump for you!

Jose1027

Registered VIP
Well here in Illinois it doesn't matter, i primered my car black about two months ago nd called the dmv to ask if i should change the color on the tittle to black in case i get pulled over, and she said as long as the vins matches the tittle it won't matter what color i paint the car, idk if this helps since we are in different states.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Honda904

Well here in Illinois it doesn't matter, i primered my car black about two months ago nd called the dmv to ask if i should change the color on the tittle to black in case i get pulled over, and she said as long as the vins matches the tittle it won't matter what color i paint the car, idk if this helps since we are in different states.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks. But yeah car will be registered red and exterior paint is black. dont want any problems.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Yea color does not matter I have green on my 96 civic it was orange when I got it and now it's black primer. Cops don't care as long as vin matches